Just lost respect for Sydenham Town Forum

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
admin
Site Admin

Re: Just lost respect for Sydenham Town Forum

Post by admin »

marymck wrote:TBO has disappeared from the board index - at least it has in the mobile version. Has it gone already?
Re announcement thread - you have to be logged in to go there.

HTH
Admin

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
CaptainCarCrash

Post by CaptainCarCrash »

Nice post Rod,

I recently made the mistake of looking for childhood friends on facebook *Sighs* I found it to be quite an upsetting experience tbh, a lot of those people haven't changed and in some instances remain painfully ignorant. It's not that I look down on them in anyway because we can't help where we all come from, the thing that sticks is the tragedy that their attitudes to all of the things you have highlighted are abhorrent.

I once commented that ignorance was bliss???? but it isn't is it. When we understand the full meaning of your list Rod it brings pain however I'm prepared to endure it but there are many who will never be able to.
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

I on the other hand don't understand your post, Rod. Which precisely are these 'words that are quoted [which] are being attributed the exact opposite value to their intent'? And why are you seeking to bar us from using the ten terms you list? They all look perfectly respectable to me.
CaptainCarCrash

Post by CaptainCarCrash »

Robin,

The point Rod was making is that we the human race can aspire to leave our differences behind and unite as the people of planet earth and I agree with him wholeheartedly.

I know I have been a bit of a pest online in the past but I want to leave that all behind me now so apologies for being a git to you on here in the past.

So once again sorry. :D
paultreacy

Post by paultreacy »

Wow. I somehow missed all this.