Pub?

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
maestro

Re: Pub?

Post by maestro »

They're obviously not cans but 5L mini casks which contain a live yeast and have a shelf life of 2-7 weeks (the clue, if you're unable to identify the difference between a can and a mini cask, might have been the card to centre top right of the photo bearing the prices for 'Mini Casks'). Perhaps beer is another subject we can add to your list of things you don't really know very much about. :roll:
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Maestro

You have , of course , a fair point old chap.

I made a mistake. But I usually admit it when I do. Unlike some on this forum who of course never do.

I admit after 49 years of drinking real ales and quality beers in Belgium , Germany etc I have a lot to learn .

As Nigel would say. Have a good day.
Pally

Post by Pally »

maestro wrote:They're obviously not cans but 5L mini casks which contain a live yeast and have a shelf life of 2-7 weeks (the clue, if you're unable to identify the difference between a can and a mini cask, might have been the card to centre top right of the photo bearing the prices for 'Mini Casks'). Perhaps beer is another subject we can add to your list of things you don't really know very much about. :roll:
seems a bit unfair, I cant make out any price card!! I ofcourse don't claim to know a thing about beer so I assumed they were cans!!
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Thanks Pally

Should have my eyes tested again. However must be honest prefer beer in Pubs from proper Casks. Never been one for drinking at home , certainly never for solo drinking.

As never tasted liquid from one of these mini casks perhaps ought to reserve judgement
Conker

Post by Conker »

I never drink beer, we need a wine bar on this site, the pub is full of rowdy people. :lol:
Pally

Post by Pally »

:D So, are people in wine bars quieter than people in pubs? How long a thread can we create debating that point I wonder?
Conker

Post by Conker »

So, are people in wine bars quieter than people in pubs?
absolutely, ok yah?
mosy

Post by mosy »

I used Ctrl+ (x6) to get the mini casks picture bigger, but mainly to see the make of the jeans in the photo, or was it Admin doing a guest appearance like wot Hitchcock used to? I think we should be told.

Never been a drinker of beer/lager of the tap water variety (waste of money). I bought a can from a local shop (in between lager and stout) to make beer batter with. Tasted it and drank the lot! Oops. Had to use fizzy water instead. Maybe I could become a real ale convert with the smell of hops/yeast that you get when travelling past the oast houses on the M20.

@ Pally: Can debate it (pub vs wine bar noise) forever, tee hee, but only relevant if people noise can be heard above loud music that turns us all into mime acts. Lip reading is an art I haven't mastered.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

mosy wrote:I used Ctrl+ (x6) to get the mini casks picture bigger, but mainly to see the make of the jeans in the photo, or was it Admin doing a guest appearance like wot Hitchcock used to? I think we should be told.
Nearly. You need to look for my reflection off the casks. But please don't let on I was wearing shorts.

Admin
mosy

Post by mosy »

Shorts you say. Aha! *brain whirs*

What The Pub needs is a Knobbly Knees contest, with the worthy winner's prize being a mini cask, donated by Admin as the judge.

It's an analogy - all knees are knobbly, some more than others (Fight! <- courtesy Harry Hill), but all knees are necessary to hold us up - especially in The Pub - well unless bar-propper-uppers really are restricted to milk.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Contest - No contest! I could post a recent close-up picture of my knee after a slight accident. But I have to think of the children.

Congratulations on your 1000th post Mosy!

Admin
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

I found out recently that babies do not have knee caps, they only develope after a certain age, presumably after the time when they're walking without falling over lots, and not crawling anymore. bizarre huh?!
mosy

Post by mosy »

admin wrote:Contest - No contest! I could post a recent close-up picture of my knee after a slight accident. But I have to think of the children.

Congratulations on your 1000th post Mosy!

Admin
Nah, kids love gory.

Didn't know about knee caps developing later, JRobinson. Cool. I guess that's why children are said to "bounce" rather than break assuming a topple. Wondering about elbows now...

Reminds me of the baby boy and girl in pushchairs:
"I'm a boy."
"How do you know?"
Lifts up cover:
"Look!

Blue socks!"

PS: One post was probably worth reading - best ignore the other 999, well, 1,000 now :roll:
Pally

Post by Pally »

Mosy - lip reading takes time to learn (!!) as does laughing at everything because you cant hear a word, then becoming aware that someone you are supposedly having a conversation with is waiting expectantly for an answer to a question but you don't know what it is, at which point you say pardon and the whole charade starts again! Wine bar/Pub - done the above in both!!
mosy

Post by mosy »

Makes you want to take a leaf out of "now" and text one another even though sitting next to one another. And a pocket flashlight to read it.

Or shine the flashlight in someone's face (We have ways of making you talk) and we all write on slates like deep sea divers do.

"Off to the pub"
"Got your slate dear?"
"Yes, but where the heck did you put the chalk?"
"Oh, sorry, used it to mark a hopscotch pitch."
Pally

Post by Pally »

:) :D :lol:
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

Hopscotch?