Rebuild the Greyhound Pub Campaign #rebuildthegreyhound

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
admin
Site Admin

Re: Rebuild the Greyhound Pub Campaign #rebuildthegreyhound

Post by admin »

I take your point Lee - and she is someone clearly not trained in representing a public company on a vital reputational issue. But that is what happened. She was presumably put up by Purelake to answer for the company to the South London Press and hence to us. Purelake has to take responsibility for that. They put her in the position of being the public face.

And by their continued silence and silencing of comment and questions where else are people to go?

Yes some here may have gone too far - though it could have been far worse. Purelake have to take responsibility for the Greyhound and indeed their employees and be answerable. I think Purelake might have more to learn from this tweet than the lady herself.

Admin
nasaroc

Post by nasaroc »

Agree wholeheartedly with the last two postings.

Can I flag up a very important date in our campaign. It's the Mayor and Cabinet meeting at 6pm Wednesday 1st October at the Town Hall.

http://councilmeetings.lewisham.gov.uk/ ... 9&MId=3424

It's the first item on the agenda (item 3) in which there will be a report to Mayor and Cabinet about the Greyhound. We'd fully expect the meeting to agree a clear strategy to deal with this issue which may include legal action.

We agreed at our Wednesday meeting at the Greyhound that we'd like to get as many people as possible to attend this meeting and to have a photocall for the local press on the steps of the Town Hall at around 5.45pm.

Sorry that this is a very early hour for many people - but we really need to get as many people to this meeting to show the extent of local feeling.

Barry Milton
Newboy

Post by Newboy »

I have forwarded a link to the front page feature written by Admin here on the Forum to a contact at The Evening Standard. along with my 'summary' of the issue:

In short:
• Developer buys land to develop flats and retail including 300 year old pub
• Promises to refurb and rebuild pub
• Half demolishes listed building and leaves open to the elements
• This is illegal and they are prosecuted and fined, promise to re-build pub
• Nothing – pub continues to fall down day by day
• Director of said developer is the brother of our MP
• Nothing happens – for years!
There is a campaign going on locally which is being totally ignored. You can read all about it here

This has been passed on to the News Desk and Features Desk. I hope they will show some interest!
mosy

Post by mosy »

Small point - does anyone know if anything is being exposed to the elements apart from the outer brick walls?

Edit PS: We learned that it is not a listed building, only one that is listed locally as being within a conservation area.
Smiffy

Post by Smiffy »

mosy wrote:Small point - does anyone know if anything is being exposed to the elements apart from the outer brick walls?
Isn't the roof off?
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Purelakes reputation?
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

admin wrote:I take your point Lee - and she is someone clearly not trained in representing a public company on a vital reputational issue. But that is what happened. She was presumably put up by Purelake to answer for the company to the South London Press and hence to us. Purelake has to take responsibility for that. They put her in the position of being the public face.

And by their continued silence and silencing of comment and questions where else are people to go?

Yes some here may have gone too far - though it could have been far worse. Purelake have to take responsibility for the Greyhound and indeed their employees and be answerable. I think Purelake might have more to learn from this tweet than the lady herself.

Admin
Did Purelake 'put her up" or was she just the poor sap that answered the phone when the South London Press called? The truth is, we don't know. I honestly think she deserves an apology from whoever posted the (now deleted) tweets making fun of her name.

I never saw those tweets and now they've gone, so, unfortunately for Tracey, her responses look even worse than they are because there is no context (and in terms of PR, or just generally professional behaviour they do look very bad indeed).
Sydenham Syd

Post by Sydenham Syd »

She made her own bed.
She's a coward, which seems to go with the rest of the hiring policy in that firm given the behaviour of snr mgmt
marymck

Post by marymck »

I never saw the Tweets that were aimed at Tracey either. I did see Tracey's "Sydenham is really quite a shit hole, always was always will be !" Tweet though - and the ones where she calls people morons. None of these posts are pleasant and it's a shame she allowed herself to be baited into such injudicious remarks in this way. I just hope no one responds to her - however tempting and easy it might be to do so.

So what I'm wondering is, just who is Purelake's spokesperson?

I believe Tracey's job title is Property Manager and she describes her role at Purelake as ...
Wanting to stretch myself within the company i became the Residential (block) and Commercial Property Manager in 2009 solely managing 72 rented properties and managing 7 developments, including budgeting service charges, insurance, maintenance contracts, H & S, day to day management of all the developments, ensuring a good rapport with residents etc. I have managed to handle both jobs well, prioritising accordingly and liaising with the Finance Director on any new pending projects.
The Bold is mine.

Does anybody know who the Property Manager is for the Greyhound site? Presumably Tracey isn't Property Manager for any sites in Sydenham, given her feelings about it.

Edit to add a post script to say this isn't intended to prolong the ping pong match of insults with Tracey - I hope that unfortunate episode can be laid to rest - but this is just a genuine attempt to ask if anyone knows who Purelake's Property Manager for the Greyhound development is. If I can get an answer from Purelake, I will pass on the info to the core action committee.
Last edited by marymck on 26 Sep 2014 19:37, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Rachael wrote:Did Purelake 'put her up" or was she just the poor sap that answered the phone when the South London Press called? The truth is, we don't know. I honestly think she deserves an apology from whoever posted the (now deleted) tweets making fun of her name.

I never saw those tweets and now they've gone, so, unfortunately for Tracey, her responses look even worse than they are because there is no context (and in terms of PR, or just generally professional behaviour they do look very bad indeed).
Yes - it would appear Purelake pushed somebody they shouldn't into responding to the SLP. I do hope they apologise to her for the unfortunate consequences. May I request we give her a rest. She is not the villain in this story.

Tired jokes and inappropriate tweeting (I never saw them so I can't comment whether the response was disproportionate or not) are a diversion from remembering who we are trying to call to account - and refuse to be accountable.

Purelake - The Destructive Developer.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Mary
Your point is well made regarding the ping pong but lets not forget one for second ms Sultana's comment is gold dust and should be used wherever it might be useful . Above entry level , any employee has a responsibility to their organisation and she shown herself to be reckless and unprofessional . In my line of country that personal/professional distinction does not exist so let's use her unguarded comments with a cool head and cold blood if we need .
My personal plea - and no criticism of you Mary - i supported your line on the Windmill 100%- is that those who wish to temper the approach into a kind if debating society please go and post elsewhere , ideally the forest hill forum .
Personally I will support anything legal that may help to force Puresnake to rebuilds the greyhound
A very good evening
Nigel
John J Rambo

Post by John J Rambo »

Has anyone contacted Jim Dowd about this? What was his response? This sort of issue is what MPs are for but given the member's interest in this I can him coming out of it smelling of anything but roses ultimately.
sydenhamboy

Post by sydenhamboy »

Could someone contact the journalists at ITV's London Tonight or BBC's London Inside Out (or whatever it's called). South London high street calling out for its old pub to be returned to the community kind of report?

Just a thought?
Pat Trembath

Post by Pat Trembath »

Press and TV done this morning
mosy

Post by mosy »

A reporter, Gareth Furby IIRC, goes out to record 2-3min slots (edited time) for the BBC early news programme. The aired time is just long enough to give an intro and a few succinct one-liners from people prepared to be interviewed for TV. The one I appeared on some years back was like that at any rate where several of us stood in front of his tripod camera. I reckon he could be interested, especially with the 1 Oct meeting imminent.

Edit, Pat Tembath's message just in. so probably already in hand.
Sydenham Society

Post by Sydenham Society »

Delighted to announce that the Rebuild the Greyhound Pub petition has just passed the 1,000 signature mark! We have 668 signatures online and 433 signatures on paper. Very well done to everyone for highlighting the petition on this forum and via social media – and to the volunteers who have worked so hard getting the petition into so many local businesses.

Here's what you can do:

Sign the petition at:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/rebu ... yhound-pub

Follow the campaign on Twitter at:
twitter.com/search?q=Rebuild%20the%20Greyhound%20pub&src=typd

Like us on Facebook at:
http://www.facebook.com/SaveTheGreyhoun ... am?fref=ts

And join us at Lewisham Town Hall at 5.30pm on Wednesday to show your support for Rebuilding the Greyhound Pub.

Annabel McLaren
biscuitman1978

Rebuild the Greyhound Pub Campaign #rebuildthegreyhound

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Just a quick reminder that you can:

1. Follow the campaign on Twitter at https://twitter.com/TheGreyhoundSyd

2. Follow the campaign on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/SaveTheGreyhoundSydenham

3. Sign the petition at http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/rebu ... yhound-pub

4. Offer your thoughts on Purelake, the developer responsible for demolishing the Greyhound without consent, by searching 'Purelake' in Google and then clicking 'Write a review' in the top search result

#rebuildthegreyhound
paultee76

Post by paultee76 »

I have always found Fix My Street very effective at getting the council to sort out rubbish abandoned by others. I wonder if it will work for this :roll:

https://www.fixmystreet.com/report/529024
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You have to hand it to Jim - that was brilliant. Tackling a convoluted and difficult subject without touching the sides. I just don't dig him. If I was your MP with an awkward brother but an even more awkward constituency I'd do something like this:

Thank you for your letter. May I be the first to say no one wants a functioning pub back in Sydenham more than me. I am aware of the issues between the developer and the planning authority and I am sorry that I cannot help in an official capacity as the matters are outside my remit.

However, you have my personal support in whatever can be done to bring the parties together for an amicable and speedy conclusion. If the parties involved need my help they only have to ask.

And if I am re-elected I would be delighted to buy the first round in the re-opened pub especially if it can be put down on expenses.

I might just leave off the last sentence but doesn't it buy rather than cost votes or at least retrieve something of my reputation without actually committing to anything.

Admin
lardyarce

Post by lardyarce »

Knock the greyhound down. we don't need it on the high street.
put some greenery there to brighten the place up