That's Amore

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Excusemyfrench

That's Amore

Post by Excusemyfrench »

Greetings all,

That's Amore has been closed for a while now and they have taken the "Closed for holiday" sign off the window. I called this morning and here the message I heard on their answering machine: "To all our customers, the restaurant is now closed. Thank you for your passed custom from Gianni and Caroline."

Very saddened to hear that as it was our favourite local restaurant. Does anybody know what happened? Nothing bad I hope.
Manwithaview1

Re: That's Amore

Post by Manwithaview1 »

That is very sad news. Good luck to G and C
chrisj1948

Post by chrisj1948 »

My wife Mary and I also liked That's Amore. Its passing leaves a gap.

Regards
Chris
TheBenga

Post by TheBenga »

No gap! Just go to Trattoria Raffaele on Sydenham Road - we always preferred it anyway (Caroline was lovely though)
JMLF

Post by JMLF »

Very sad news indeed. Having only been in the area 8 months or so I had been a number of times and thought it was pretty excellent and a much needed good eating venue for that part of Kirkdale.
I can only wish them all the best and hope an equally decent restaurant takes it's place.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

We went there the first night we moved to Sydenham over 7 years ago. We had no heating and it was freezing, we got there just as it opened and had a lovely meal. Very sad to hear it's gone.

Trattoria is fantastic though.
Last edited by leenewham on 2 Oct 2014 12:59, edited 1 time in total.
Pally

Post by Pally »

TheBenga wrote:No gap! Just go to Trattoria Raffaele on Sydenham Road - we always preferred it anyway (Caroline was lovely though)
I agree Trattoria is great as was That's Amore
sydeman

Post by sydeman »

Thats a real blow. I wonder if they just retired or just gave up? IT was an excellent restaurant and although Trat Raff is good its the other end of the high street, and this end of Sydenham is much nearer Forest Hill anyway. Real shame though.
Charlotteskitchen

Post by Charlotteskitchen »

really sad we will miss it terribly, but they have sold up and it's going to be Japanese! Happy well earned retirement.