Cricket match versus The Dolphin!

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
nasaroc

Post by nasaroc »

Yes nets will continue whatever the weather. In fact I'm hoping for a continuous bout of heavy rainfall tomorrow night to help toughen up the squad.

If it's raining we stay in The Dolphin.
TDA

Post by TDA »

Worried by a bit of rain? I think you really ought to get some practice having challenged the combined forces of The Dolphin & Dartmouth. Here is their provisional line-up boasting years of experience between them.

Mike - bodyliner
Dan - talks a good game
Drew - makes up for Dan
Mick - turns up
Freya - highest scorer
Mike - not afraid to fall over
James - team ringer
Ellie - press ganged but keen
Chandy - watch that spin
Paul - slogs like a farmer
Aron - are there many Hungarian cricketers this good? Be careful

(changes subject to demand in the bars)
nasaroc

Post by nasaroc »

Good session of nets. But Sydenhamboy and Kiwi - where were you? Please let me know that you can definitely turn up on Monday.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Whoops, I put the wrong location on the frontpage for a few minutes this morning. The current one is correct:
nasaroc wrote:The game is at Sydenham Cricket Club off Kent House Lane starting at 6.15pm. Meet at The Dolphin at 5.45pm- 6pm. To get to the ground, go down Sydenham Road past the Dolphin to your left and turn right at the first set of traffic lights into Kent House Road. 200m along Kent House road turn left at a mini-roundabout into Kent House Lane. Look out for a lane (Cricket Lane) on the right after about 100m. Club is at end of lane.
See you all tonight to play or cheer? You can find a map here: http://www.sydenham.org.uk/news_cricket.html

Admin
Decky

Post by Decky »

Today is the day GO THE DOLPHIN!!!!!
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

oooh the suspense! Can't wait for the write-up.

I would just like to reiterate (sp?) that it was a hugely enjoyable evening, for both sides. Many thanks to all the organisers and participants, and many congratulations to the winners,.....

who were........................?

(I look forward to any future events, and the opportunity to exact some revenge)

Ali
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

ALIB wrote:oooh the suspense! Can't wait for the write-up.
It's now at http://www.sydenham.org.uk/news_cricket.html

Thanks to all who made it a memorable occasion ... especially the team captains for making it all possible.

Admin
Muddy Waters

Post by Muddy Waters »

Go on, Admin - do tell - did you score with Pat Trembath?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

At my age - you lose count ...

Admin
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

just moved to sydenham...cricket player...is there a game this year?

if so i'd love to play!
nasaroc

Post by nasaroc »

Fourteen postings in two days of membership! Are you trying to establish some sort of record, lamb chops?

I have read most of your postings with interest. Half of them I simply could not understand but when I read on the Woodman thread that you were Australian it all began to make sense.

Yes - we are arranging a few cricket games this summer - assuming the weather isn't the same as last year. I'm hoping to repeat the game against the Dolphin - between you and me, Michael at the Dolphin is blowing hot and cold, claiming half his team has left etc etc but I'm sure that when summer comes they'll have as strong a side as last year.

I'm also trying to arrange a game against SE23.com (the FH website).
Any other suggestions for opponents gratefully received. I'll post details of the first game in a few month's time on STF.
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

yeah...i get a LOT of spare time at work...

anyway, when do you have the games? i play on sundays during the summer with my regular team, so mid week games would be ace.

if you need any help with fixtures against teams then i can help you. i captained a side for my club for 5 years so i've loads of contacts in the south east.

let me know asap if you want some contacts...it's easier if you have a home pitch as i know a few wandering sides.
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

nasser, you got any fixture dates yet?

a game against se23.com would be excellent.

if i bring along a barbie, can we fire that up after the matches?

as you can tell, i'm a little excited.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

I'd be up for this, although I haven't played properly since school days...the last time was at a design company where we made a cricket ball out of masking tape and our bat was made of cardboard.

Oh, they were the days.
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

this is how the english team train, isn't it?

hahahah
nasaroc

Post by nasaroc »

Listen mate - Don't be so impatient. It's the second day of spring and it's going to be a few weeks yet before we can play - this isn't Woolangong.

Hope we can confirm a game against SE23 at the quiz evening (this is an intellectual activity, so there's no need for you to take part - save your energy for the cricket).

Good idea about the barbie. Lamb chops are my favourite.
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

ah, i've just got the give the missus fair warning...i'm always in the shit for working saturdays and then playing sundays.
TDA

Post by TDA »

Mr Nasaroc. The combined forces of The Dolphin and The Dartmouth Arms are ready to face whatever team you can come up with. We did lose a couple of stalwarts last season but an injection of fresh blood should see you off. Just name that date.

I have also been approached by a team from Lewisham Council who are looking for some games this Summer. Perhaps we could take them on together.

Michael
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

personally, I would love to take on Lewisham Council with a firm piece of willow in my hands.

Dunno about cricket though

Ali
Pat Trembath

Post by Pat Trembath »

Dont forget the scorer - always useful to have someone you can trust on board! My pencil is sharpened and ready....