Uninhibited parking Cobbs and Lawrie park rd

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Lee Jasper

Re: Uninhibited parking Cobbs and Lawrie park rd

Post by Lee Jasper »

stuart wrote:
Lee Jasper wrote: Calling for the club to be closed down as some have done hear hints at broader agenda than simply seeking to positively engage and resolve problems.
I have called for closure if the nuisance cannot be mitigated. What agenda are you hinting I may have?

Stuart
In addition we would say the nuisance has been greatly mitigated over the last 6 months, as can be objectively verified by both the Council and the Police.
stuart

Post by stuart »

Lee, You have not answered the question I asked. May I it ask again?

I have tried to engage with you before. May be you were too busy to respond. I'm willing to try again. But as a believer in plain speaking I would first appreciate a proper response.

Stuart
Lee Jasper

Post by Lee Jasper »

stuart wrote:Lee, You have not answered the question I asked. May I it ask again?

I have tried to engage with you before. May be you were too busy to respond. I'm willing to try again. But as a believer in plain speaking I would first appreciate a proper response.

Stuart
I apologise if I've failed to responded to your attempts to engage. In response to your question I think I've made my general point. In addition I would repeat that its surely much better that we abandoned the gun boat diplomacy of on line discussion, with all its potential for misunderstanding and confusion and simply meet?

Both I and the management are happy to do so and if you are too, then lets arrange.
stuart

Post by stuart »

Lee, why you are still evading answering a very specific question?

What other agenda are you ascribing to me and others who, and i repeat so as to make myself crystal clear, are and will call for the closure or suspension of the Zanzibar licence if the nuisance cannot be mitigated?

If, on the other hand, you think what you wrote, in retrospect, was unjustified then I am very happy if you withdraw it. That will be an end to it for me. Not to be mentioned again. But it isn't something that can simply be left hanging in the air. Over to you to clarify.

Stuart
MrT

Post by MrT »

Hi everyone

i think certain people who like to make stupid and exaggerated claims and accusations should man up and identify themselves and the road they live on

Eagle
Nigel
Gaddison
Biscuitman1978
Gillyjp
Mosy

If you cannot give your full name and the road you live on or work on in the area you should shut up
you make up things and try you best to paint a negative picture of the club then hide behind your alias purely because you do not like the idea that black people go to this club. We cater for Black, White, Asian, Chinese, American’s Germans we treat everyone the same FAIRLY.
My name is Terence Reid and I am the manager of the Maestro Arts and Entertainment Centre. I have no problem identifying who I am and standing by my record. My office is open every day for anyone to come in and highlight any disturbances they are suffering. When there is an event at the club I am there at the front of the venue available to address anything put to me. As for Gaddison you spoke to me on Sunday evening and I can tell you we had more support on your road from people who acknowledged the improvements to the club since we took over than whom claim there has been no improvements,

IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE CALL OR EMAIL THE CLUB AND WE WILL DEAL WITH IT
clubzanzibarsydenham@yahoo.co.uk or 0208-778-3201
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

May I remind everyone that people are free to post under a synonym here and their identity will be protected as far as possible by the Administrator. If people wish to give the details requested to MrT I suggest they should PM or email them direct. They are under absolutely no obligation to do so publicly.

I hope that is helpful to all sides.

Admin
Smiffy

Post by Smiffy »

MrT wrote: If you cannot give your full name and the road you live on or work on in the area you should shut up
you make up things and try you best to paint a negative picture of the club then hide behind your alias purely because you do not like the idea that black people go to this club.
Wow. Calling anyone who complains liars and racists. You really know how to win over the locals.
Lee Jasper

Post by Lee Jasper »

stuart wrote:Lee, why you are still evading answering a very specific question?

What other agenda are you ascribing to me and others who, and i repeat so as to make myself crystal clear, are and will call for the closure or suspension of the Zanzibar licence if the nuisance cannot be mitigated?

If, on the other hand, you think what you wrote, in retrospect, was unjustified then I am very happy if you withdraw it. That will be an end to it for me. Not to be mentioned again. But it isn't something that can simply be left hanging in the air. Over to you to clarify.

Stuart
This is not a court of law Stuart and neither you a barrister or a judge. I said my piece on the matter and if you are dissatisfied then so be it, but there is still an offer for coffee and biscuits should you wish to avail yourself of the invite.
Lee Jasper

Post by Lee Jasper »

Lee Jasper wrote:
stuart wrote:Lee, why you are still evading answering a very specific question?

Stuart
This is not a court of law Stuart and neither you a barrister or a judge. I said my piece on the matter and if you are dissatisfied then so be it, but there is still an offer for coffee and biscuits should you wish to avail yourself of the invite.[/quote

In addition and the obvious strong point, the nuisance has been mitigated, a fact you seem somewhat reluctant to except.
spark

Post by spark »

With such diplomacy having been shown, I foresee a successful resolution.
MrT

Post by MrT »

Th
Smiffy wrote:Wow. Calling anyone who complains liars and racists. You really know how to win over the locals.
No Smiffy there you go trying to twist things in a negative way, No one is saying all locals with a compliant is a racist not by a long way. Locals who have had genuine have come to us and voiced their concerns and we have put in proceedures to deal with their concerns. so people like to exaggerate what they see, some people even make comments on events that i can tell from what they are saying the probably where not even there. You see i am always there so i know what happens and no the main roads are never blocked, so why try to say they where, bring your evidence. You can, because the road was not. etc etc. Stand up and be counted if you are being effected id yourself and bring your issue to the club. If we are unable to deal with it we will say so.

spark

Post by spark »

I'm sure we're all grateful to MrT for reminding us of the way the A-Team handles problems.
Smiffy

Post by Smiffy »

MrT wrote:Th
Smiffy wrote:Wow. Calling anyone who complains liars and racists. You really know how to win over the locals.
No Smiffy there you go trying to twist things in a negative way, No one is saying all locals with a compliant is a racist not by a long way. Locals who have had genuine have come to us and voiced their concerns and we have put in proceedures to deal with their concerns. so people like to exaggerate what they see, some people even make comments on events that i can tell from what they are saying the probably where not even there. You see i am always there so i know what happens and no the main roads are never blocked, so why try to say they where, bring your evidence. You can, because the road was not. etc etc. Stand up and be counted if you are being effected id yourself and bring your issue to the club. If we are unable to deal with it we will say so.

If this isn't
MrT wrote: you make up things and try you best to paint a negative picture of the club then hide behind your alias purely because you do not like the idea that black people go to this club.
You're the one twisting things in a negative way. You're accusing local residents who complain of not liking the idea of black people going to the club (see above, I've highlighted it for you). What's your basis for this outrageous accusation?

Do you seriously think you're going to get people on side with the confrontational attitude you've shown this afternoon?
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Lee and Mr T/Reid

I'll keep this simple . If I wanted to invite local people to engage with your club , I would not do it by naming certain individuals, implying they are racists or telling them to " man up " .
I would also not say the issues they have raised on a public forum , according to the terms of use , are " stupid " or "exaggerated" . I might also give some sort of apology for any inconvenience caused .

The fact that many people would like to see the club close because of the disturbance it has caused them (for the benefit of others and the profit of the club ) is perfectly valid .

I think you both realise your reaction to these posts illustrates the reality - " engagement " means one more chance after chance after chance , and only say nice things .

I took the time to come to the last public meeting and will be at any future meeting, and will make myself known . I have no wish to " engage " further than that with either of you .
Good evening
Nigel
Gaddison

Post by Gaddison »

I would second all of what Nigel has posted above.

Terrance you have indeed made an accusation of racism against myself and the others that complain. Not only do I find this abhorrent, it is quite possibly defamatory.

My complaint againt the club has always been due to the woeful disturbance it has caused me: the noise from huge groups of people talking, shouting, cheering, the noise of cars tooting horns, cars blocking the road, and finally the bass thrum from the club emanating from the club.

I have attended the public meetings, where these issues were put to you and Lee directly. Specifically I raised the point about the bass sound. My understanding is that you would take this on board.

Last week demonstrates that indeed nothing has changed with your ability to address these problems.

Your statement that we are making 'stupid and exaggerated' claims further demonstrates to me your dismissive attitude to us locals. Just this should make it clear why I have no intention of trying to engage with yourselves directly.

I will of course be attending any further public meetings, where I will be happy to identify myself, and my complaints.
mosy

Post by mosy »

@ MrT. Your post includes remarks which are offensive and untrue. My only wish to engage with you at this time would be to receive an apology which I'd be happy to receive on this forum website.
biscuitman1978

Uninhibited parking Cobbs and Lawrie park rd

Post by biscuitman1978 »

@MrT: Your suggestion that I 'do not like the idea that black people go to this club [Zanzibar]' is unsubstantiated, untrue and offensive. I would be grateful for an apology.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Mr T

I was amazed with your mail.

I had no idea which races or nationalities frequented the premises in question. I am certainly in bed before the alleged aggravation starts.

Very sad a serious anti social problem needs to be dragged down to alleged racism. I certainly am not racist.

I do appreciate the club now under new management. I know the area well and I would imagine hard pressed to find a dozen free and legal car parking places withing 5 mins walk of the venue.

Surely your patrons should be encouraged to attend by bus or taxi.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Rod

I may have been aware , although forgotten , the situation re one particular function , but as Mr T states they cater for all
nationalities and races.

Not sure where this gets us as my complaints are totally about the anti social behavior and certainly not about any nationality or racial group.

I suggest discussion steers away from race as not relevant. The fact that some of the people may emanate from Tanzania is not relevant at all. I agree with Nigel this should be a non racial discussion. As Mr T states his next function might be 100% Germanic.
Lee Jasper

Post by Lee Jasper »

I suggest that everyone calms down and focuses on the way forward. We understand there are neighbours with genuine concerns, we're also are aware that there are a small number of compliant's that have been exaggerated or in some cases invented.

The Club is a permanent feature of the local community, as much as our neighbours are and it behoves us all to seek constructive engagement that doesn't begin with the positions " You should be closed down" or " You're all racist" both of which are extreme characterisations and have a tendency to polarise the debate.

We are heartened that many of the positive suggestions above, are ones we are currently exploring with the Council which gives us confidence we are on on the right track. Further, although not obvious from this discussion, we have strong local support that would have been apparent to anyone whose attended our last public meeting.

This forum, by its very nature is both largely unrepresentative and is only one aspect of a much broader, more inclusive conversation taking place as evidenced at our last public meeting and the great support we are receiving from local business colleagues and key stakeholders.

Nevertheless the forum makes a useful contribution to the debate and always gives food for thought and allows us to engage with local residents who are keen to do so. As for the predictable stereotypical comments about my personal involvement with Club Zanzibar, they I believe, reflect the fears and prejudices of the individual authors .

What is true, is Sydenham like any Town in the UK, is not immune to racism and where such odious bigotry makes itself apparent it will be vigorously challenged.

That being said I think we should move on and if people want to engage with us were willing ready and able to focus on how we continue to address the parking issues that initiated this thread and any other issues of local concerns.