Dig A Little SE26

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
sugahill cafe

Dig A Little SE26

Post by sugahill cafe »

Something Fresh for Sydenham the http://www.digalittle.com/ crew have been putting on record events around London for a while now & Sugahill will be working with them on a new monthly event starting on Sunday Feb 8th 10am-4.00pm and then the following first Sunday of every month. Fb event details here: https://www.facebook.com/events/7069354 ... ts&fref=ts

Also please get in touch if you are interested in selling on the day.

'Sydenham people, proud to be leading the vinyl revival' (nice quote decchips thought i'd borrow it)
G-Man

Re: Dig A Little SE26

Post by G-Man »

I'm really excited about this and will be sure to share.

Cheers

G-Man
sugahill cafe

Post by sugahill cafe »

Cheers G-Man.. And just to add the kitchen will be open on the day and we will have a couple of turntables set up so even if you are not into buying records you can just pass by grab a coffee and have a listen. Chris
louisecbrooks

Post by louisecbrooks »

Brilliant idea. Love it!
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

In my diary.

Interesting comparison between this pop-up approach to selling vinyl - a one off event which will also bring together people who know about the product, with the selection of vinyl downstairs at the St Christopher Hospice, where the plus factor is that there is lots of good stuff, permanently available for browsing, but the downside is that you're on your own browsing, except for a member of staff who is there to guard against shoplifting, so making the experience a bit awkward.
Bovine Juice

Post by Bovine Juice »

"lots of good stuff"? I take it you're big fan of Mrs Mills and Acker Bilk, Tim...
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Don't mind Acker Bilk, don't really know much about Mrs Mills. As it happens, I just bought a CD of the Pretenders Greatest hits.
Last edited by Tim Lund on 25 Jan 2015 23:01, edited 1 time in total.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

I'll give you bloody Acker Bilk and mrs Mills - in a mood of ruthless minimalism due to excessive house renovation I donated about 5 linear feet of vinyl there a month ago - it includes complete Beethoven symphonies , Karajan conducting , about 5 Fischer Dieskau classics including Winterreise , complete Mahler symphonies . Late Beethoven quartets , quite a bit of jazz including kinda blue , various lieder albums , a lot of African stuff and some rubbish too but not much .
I have most of it on cd or mp3 but will miss the sublime John Shirley-Quirk doing Songs of Travel - if you really want an argument , tell me his version, with Viola Tunnnard is not the best ever recording - he makes Terfel sound like a pub drunk with laryngitis .
"I have trod the upward and the downward slope"

A very good good evening
Nigel
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Posted in error
sugahill cafe

Post by sugahill cafe »

Just confirmed today that we will have Andrew from Eldica records (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eldica/3 ... 00?fref=ts) down to sell on the day can't tell you how chuffed we are about this if you have never been there before Eldica records is one of the best second hand record shops in London.
Tim there are records and there are records you would be very very lucky to find anything of great value or collectable in St Christophers hospice basement (or any other charity shop) although i have found some good stuff there but that is from popping in there very regularly on the chance something good is donated.
Funny Mrs Mills is mentioned her records are in every charity shop i have never heard a Mrs Mills song but she was obviously quite popular at one point.
Thanks Louise for your kind words......See you on Feb 8th Thanks Chris.
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

I've spread the word Chris so should have a few of my cronies down there. It's going to be great.

G-Man
sugahill cafe

Post by sugahill cafe »

Thanks G-Man looking good on paper keep spreading the word hopefully we will have enough people down for a good event Inkwa have offered up there space if the event grows as i hope it will. See you soon and Thanks Chris
Cherryandice

Post by Cherryandice »

Hey Chris,

Hope there will be lessons for the younger ones like us, lol... we're ready to shake a leg, about time Sydenham get out of their sofa.

See you there!!!

William & D
sugahill cafe

Post by sugahill cafe »

@Cherry & Ice are you saying i am old? what a cheek :lol: ......Momentum building nicely for this event can't wait for Sunday.
Confirmed Dj sets on the day...
Olie Tufkut
Mr Parker
Standtallguy
Andrew Westbury
Chris Arch
P1971

Post by P1971 »

Looking like a fab day out Chris AND yes you are getting on a bit :lol:

Hahaha joking see you very soon M8 8)

P :)
sugahill cafe

Post by sugahill cafe »

Great day at the shop been pretty much busy since 10.00 am thnx all that are passing through..Chris
Bovine Juice

Post by Bovine Juice »

I enjoyed it, rummaging through boxes of records and had a nice coffee.
sugahill cafe

Post by sugahill cafe »

Bovine Juice wrote:I enjoyed it, rummaging through boxes of records and had a nice coffee.
Glad you enjoyed yourself Bovine Juice for a first event it was quite a success and can't wait to do it all again next month 'Sunday March 1st' is the date for the diary. All the sellers were very happy on the day and are up for the next one already had contact from others interested to sell in March. Thanks to everyone that attended you made it a great day!
sugahill cafe

Post by sugahill cafe »

Some nice shots from Sundays event here https://www.facebook.com/SugahillCafe/p ... =1&theater ...see if you can spot an exited G-Man getting his dig on. Photos courtesy of Carlton @ukdigitalphotography.co.uk
louisecbrooks

Post by louisecbrooks »

Looks like such a good day - did have a nose as I was wandering past. Will set try to pop in next time if I have cover at my place.