Mayow Park locked at 4pm yesterday!

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
coll

Mayow Park locked at 4pm yesterday!

Post by coll »

Yesterday the Glendale guy closed Mayow Park at 4pm. I have had several run-ins with this gentleman after being locked in October – after no warning that he was locking the gates. I have spoken to other people who have had the same thing happen. Occasionally, this guy never even enters the park to tell people he’s closing it. You’ll be walking around with your dogs expecting to see or hear him honking his horn onlyto get to the gate only to find it locked. Another time I was walking, he entered the park at around 4pm, told me I had to leave as he was locking the gates and drove behind me, while I walked along, honking his horn to speed me up.

I’ve had enough and after several verbal altercations with this guy, I’ve called the Council and Glendale and made a formal complaint.
I wouldn’t ever want to think I’ve caused someone to lose their job, but at what point do we need remind these companies that they actually work for us as payers of Council Taxes? This guy clearly wants to finish work early and is aggressive about it. Has anyone else ever run into this problem at Mayow?
simon

Post by simon »

No mate, never had any problems. You need to walk them earlier ;)
Maebee

Post by Maebee »

Yes I was locked in about a year ago along with two small children and another couple with a baby. In the end we had to call the police as we could not get out. Ridiculous, as it wasn't even getting slightly dark.