Spice kitchen on Newlands park

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Bunty

Spice kitchen on Newlands park

Post by Bunty »

My favourite take away seems to be offline, both internet and telephone. Are they still operating? Any recommendations for a good curry in se26? Thanks
Hissing Syd

Re: Spice kitchen on Newlands park

Post by Hissing Syd »

Barakah on Sydenham Road opposite the library. We're blessed with several good Indians in Sydenham, but the food at Barakah is head and shoulders above the rest; even the presentation is great. Last year they won best Indian takeaway in London (the Tried and Tasted Awards). Try the Poodina Goosht or Chicken Gurjurati Flame. I've actually made myself quite peckish now, so may do the same!
NSid

Post by NSid »

Another shout for Barakah, although I guess you've already eaten!! We had them cater for a birthday party yesterday- as usual great food and fantastic deliver and set up. It was such a relief to deal with them. As it was a children's birthday party we also got pizzas from an international chain and despite speaking to them 3 days in a row, paying in advance and double checking everything they were over 30 minutes late with the delivery. Not great when you have 40 hungry kids.....
The point is, it was much easier to deal with Barakah, and the food was Fantastic!!!!
Bunty

Post by Bunty »

Thanks for the suggestions, will keep for future use! We tried Lemon Tree last night; never again. Cold, over-priced and late!
Pally

Post by Pally »

Bunty wrote:Thanks for the suggestions, will keep for future use! We tried Lemon Tree last night; never again. Cold, over-priced and late!
In my experience that is very unusual for the Lemon Tree