Seriously loud party going on

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Cheese Wotsits

Seriously loud party going on

Post by Cheese Wotsits »

Someone is having a seriously loud party as I type. No subtle by any stretch of the imagination, I don't mind people having fun, but this is beyond ridiculous.

Just a cautious word of encouragement to report it if it's affecting you too (I'm about to):
http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/myservices/e ... fault.aspx
Useful Lewisham noise nuisance phone: 020 8314 6000

Rather not give details about location, if you can hear it'll be very obvious, if you can't, lucky you! enjoy your evening.
alywin

Re: Seriously loud party going on

Post by alywin »

Perhaps that's the cause of the power outage? Hope it's affecting them, then.
Cheese Wotsits

Post by Cheese Wotsits »

Unfortunately it's still going on alywin...
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Cheese Wotsits
Did the lewisham people help ? On the few occasions that I have called them they were good .
The trick is for everyone affected to call them straight away so you were right to post the details .
Otherwise can only offer sympathy - I personally hate people that do that .In the ideal world everyone would rally round and bang on their door until they stop but in reality that sort of behaviour normally goes with a rather unafraid to threaten violence type of person .
A very good morning
Nigel
somerandombloke

Post by somerandombloke »

Or if it's once in a bleu moon they have a party they haven't invited you to you could do as I do and not be an old git let them have there fun and pop in a pair of these:-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pairs-Howard-Le ... 0007XJOLG/

Then next day when there all hungover pop round first ting in teh morning and wake em all up.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

You don't have to be an old git to object to THAT level of noise - that's why lewisham have an enforcement team . Otherwise it would be an " old git team ".
You can have a fairly lively party without disturbing people two streets away .
Where I live I have a handy predictor - flash cars start turning up on the pavement - that's when I know it will be horrible until I drift off at 3 am feeling a bit of a coward because I didn't confront 100 odd youths who clearly don't give a s*** about anyone , least of all an old git like me .
A very good afternoon
Nigel
somerandombloke

Post by somerandombloke »

Or

1 Grab bottle of wine
2 Go to party tell them your with John
3 Have a great night
4 Feel like less of an old git

I did this sucsessfuly a few months ago made some new friends had a brilant night.