Sydenham Artisan Market - 2nd Saturday of the month

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Chris Best

Re: Sydenham Artisan Market - 2nd Saturday of the month

Post by Chris Best »

Reminder that it is Sydenham market tomorrow - as usual 11am to 5pm - range of stalls including hot street food. Once again we will have some fun with free entertainment arranged by Sydenham Arts - 3 sets of great sounds from a saxophonist.

Here For Good has the pop-up indoor market with some fab craft stalls.

There will be the Sydenham Artists Trail in the homes either side of the high street as well as support from traders who have pieces in their shops - again 11am to 5pm so a unique opportunity to buy quality pieces at affordable prices.

Further afield is Lewisham's People's Day at Mountsfield Park in Catford from noon until 8pm. The legendary Tippa Irie leads the line up on eight magical stages - a wonderful family festival.
Chris Best

Post by Chris Best »

Sydenham market in full swing - some great stalls on Venner Square with Jamican hot food as well as another Caribbean hot street food on Queensthorpe Square. I loved the gem stones and crystals - range of jewellery - cards - funky craft - soaps and bubbly baths - Aloe Vera - leather goods - gifts galore as well as tasty cakes and muffins and not to be missed French and Rum freshly baked goodies.

Our Superhereos Saturday has a workshop at the Sydenham Centre until 2pm - making masks workshop at the indoor market, 17 Sydenham Road and free entertainment at Venner Square starting at 2.30pm - come and take part in the fun.
Chris Best

Re: Sydenham Market - 2nd Saturday of the month

Post by Chris Best »

Reminder that this Saturday is Sydenham market - usual time from 11am to 5pm. Hot food stalls as well as the usual range of hand made cards, fashion, jewellery, funky crafts etc

The pop-up indoor market at Here For Good has a number of Arts & Crafts stalls plus activities for children.

Hot on the success of the one man band last month Sydenham Arts High Street Happenings this month is Straw Dogs - a toe tapping, upbeat blues and rock band. Free entertainment from 11.30 - 12.15, 1.00 - 1.45 and 3.00 - 3.45.

Don't miss this fun event - support your high street.
alywin

Post by alywin »

It's second Saturday, so I presume this is on tomorrow?
biscuitman1978

Sydenham Artisan Market - 2nd Saturday of the month

Post by biscuitman1978 »

alywin wrote:It's second Saturday, so I presume this is on tomorrow?
Yes! See the SEE3 Twitter feed:
https://twitter.com/SEE3PortasPilot/sta ... 9610348544
alywin

Post by alywin »

Seemed to me to be smaller than usual when I went past to catch the train. I'd have thought there might have been more stalls in the run-up to Christmas.
mosy

Post by mosy »

I hate to say this but I "went past" also as it was chucking it down with rain (even though not really cold), so although what looked like a full complement of stallholders it wasn't exactly browsing weather. I have suggested earlier that a marquee or canopy to keep shoppers dry would be a good thing given our erratic weather and especially if eat-now food traders are there.

I don't know the logistics of erecting and dismantling such a canopy but it must be possible as sometimes the Sydenham Arts Festival people put their bands under one in Venner Square.