Would you move?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Pally

Re: Would you move?

Post by Pally »

Wimbledon Village. Just love the Common! And the shops! (if a little cliché!!)
But Sydenham is great..... Crystal Palace Park on the doorstep!
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Kew or Richmond. I used to work around there.

It's peaceful, Richmond Park is fantastic, the theatre there is great, lots of nice feel good shops, great transport links, plus we love Kew Gardens.

I still like North London, Hampstead was great when I was nearby. Nearer to here, Dulwich because of the park, great places to eat out and a great high street. We go there a lot.

Aside from one or two places here, I can't remember the let time we actually went out in Sydenham (the main place we go to is the cafe in Mayow Park).
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Pally wrote:Wimbledon Village. Just love the Common! And the shops! (if a little cliché!!)
But Sydenham is great..... Crystal Palace Park on the doorstep!
I used to live within walking distance of Wimbledon Common - I think it was quite magical.

I suppose, if money really was no object, I wouldn't mind living somewhere in the West End, with good transport links, and access to a private square, some where like this

But getting an allotment would be difficult.

I'm with Lee about Mayow Park - I think it is the best small park I've ever come across.
Pat Trembath

Post by Pat Trembath »

I moved to Sydenham in 1969.

Suits me fine - lots of green spaces, fantastic transport links and a great community. Can't think of anywhere else I'd rather live!