hotel near sydenham ?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
fuzzy logic

hotel near sydenham ?

Post by fuzzy logic »

Hi

Can anybody recommend a hotel/b&b near Sydenham/Penge/Dulwich/CP ?

I tried to book the Melrose hotel in Penge but it is fully booked.

Please don't say the 'Astra' .... that place send's a shiver down my spine whenver I go past it ...... It look's shocking.

Thanks !
fishcox

Post by fishcox »

just this weekend i picked up a leaflet at belair house, for a place called shepherd's london, which is on marmora road, in between peckham rye and forest hill. it looks like a really good, family run place. they have their own website, which is www.shepherdslondon.co.uk

if you wait for a few weeks i might even be able to let you know what it is like, as my wife is due to give birth in mid august, and when my family come down from manchester/wiltshire, they will be staying there.

there is another place, just the other side of crystal palace, which is a best western, i think its called the queens hotel.
Kasparov

Post by Kasparov »

Agreed on the Astra. It looks like the Bates Motel. I pass by it most days and never see any signs of life, although someone must choose to stay there, judging by the Balkan Horn coach that is constantly parked outside.
Weeble

Post by Weeble »

Many hotels in the area are used as temporary accommodation for asylum seekers, homeless etc.

For example, the big hotel in CP (on Church Road, the name escapes me) seems to do this.

I think you can still get rooms there, but its not necessarily what you'd look for in a hotel.
fuzzy logic

Post by fuzzy logic »

thanks for the tips !

My guests stopped with us in the end !!