Sydenham Beer Rebellion is here to stay

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Sydenham_BR

Post by Sydenham_BR »

and we're having a party to celebrate! To mark the transition from pop up to full on permanent sydenham drinking spot, we're inviting you all to celebrate with us on tuesday 29th december. The exclusive to us (and you!) beer that we brewed live in the pub is making its debut, and there might even be a free pint for the first few of you to arrive. Come and raise a glass with us!
JRobinson

Re: Sydenham Beer Rebellion is here to stay

Post by JRobinson »

Fantastic news! hurrah!

and we're back in London by then so might even have the chance to pop in for one!
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Great news!
harrym

Post by harrym »

Yay
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

Yay verily! Just what Sydenham needs, a new 'permanent drinking spot'!! I'm soooooo excited!!!
Sydenham

Post by Sydenham »

Great news in general and more specifically for the 29th December. What time will you be opening - elbows at the ready?
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

This is fantastic news. Really pleased it's working out for you guys. You're now my new local. 3 mins walk. I timed it on your opening night. In fact the weekend just gone was the first weekend since you opened I haven't been in for a pint or two with G-lady and that was because we were ill!

See you at the bar.

G-man
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Brilliant news. Can someone confirm the opening hours? I can't find them online.
robbieduncan

Post by robbieduncan »

Sorry, only have them in image form: https://flic.kr/p/AC4j3W
Sydenham_BR

Post by Sydenham_BR »

Hi, on the 29th and weekdays in general we're open from 4-11
then fridays 4-12
saturdays 12-12
sundays 12-10:30

xmas opening hours
24th 4-12
25th closed
26th 12-6

31st 4-late

open as normal on all other days.
Hope to see some of you on the 29th, we're really looking forward to it!
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Thank you!
P1971

Post by P1971 »

Hi Guys

Brilliant news!

In Forest Hill we have our new Sourdough Pizza Restaurant (BOnA) opening on the same evening but I'm sure some of us Forest Hill traders would love to come along and support our new permanent Sydenham neighbour on the same evening too.

Can you drop me an email so I can share info with fellow FH traders plz.

sugarmountain.info@gmail.com

Wish you the very best of luck (but don't think you need it) and am positive you will go down a storm as full time traders in Sydenham.
Syd_Stone

Post by Syd_Stone »

This news, together with Bob Wines opening up by the station, makes for an excellent local Christmas present. Both traders will help, hopefully, in making other innovative retailers consider setting up in Sydenham. The very best to all at Sydenham Beer Rebellion! We'll be in for a celebratory pint during the break.
sydenhamboy

Post by sydenhamboy »

Great news. Beer Rebellion is a very cool bar. With great bar staff. Good on you guys.
Jezford

Post by Jezford »

Great news guys! Love BR!
maestro

Post by maestro »

rod taylor wrote:
Anyway, it's an extra 2 minute walk from the Dolphin.
It's 2 minutes less from Lower Syd (I was the first to ever be served in it by the way!).
mosy

Post by mosy »

Why not suggest a meet on a likely quiet night? They have wifi so we can all resort to peering at our cellphones if it turns out we make lousy drinking buddies ;)

The 1/3rd pints (of beer that is, lol) are useful for light drinkers. Also, they offered me a one-gulp taster at first - do they still do that?
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

rod taylor wrote:.

(can't win with me - cafes are too loud, bars are too quiet!)
Are they child friendly? (It's a joke Rod ;-) !!!)

I always fancy going but don't get much chance without the full family package. It always seems fairly busy passing by and during the day when we could got for meetings they don't seem open.

Do they do food?
Whiftoff

Post by Whiftoff »

They def do food somtimes. Whenever I've been there they've got pop up caterors in so to speak in. Last time I went it was ' old skool dinners' which was much better then it sounds!
monkeyarms

Post by monkeyarms »

They do indeed do food though perhaps not every night of the week. Not sure. They have guest cooks, "pop-up restaurant" style.
My girlfriend and I ate there one Friday night a couple of weeks ago; whoever the guest chef happened to be that night was providing hearty, warming old-school British/European fare. I had pork meatballs with kale and mash. Went very well with the beer. We also followed up our meals with a nip of a very pleasant whiskey called Auchentoshan. I'm not normally partial to smooth whiskies - prefer the peaty monsters Laphroag or Ardbeg - but this was nice, like a sophisticated Jack Daniels for grown-ups.

Anyway, back to the food: this weekend they have someone called Don Luigi, doing Italian street food. I'm hoping to pop in. Their Twitter feed is the best way to keep abreast.

I'll whisper this so Rod doesn't hear :) but I frequently see couples with children in there in the early evening (I walk past it every weekday after nursery pickup)