Does #TalkTalk care?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Pally

Re: Does #TalkTalk care?

Post by Pally »

Tim Lund wrote:
stuart wrote:
Tim Lund wrote:Following Stuart's comment about churn rates, I tried googling for some independent comparative data, but didn't find anything easily - any chance of a link?
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/02/02 ... customers/

Stuart
Thanks a million - but is there a table anywhere showing proportion of customers moving from one ISP to another, and if so which? I'm looking for a Markov chain transition matrix here

A Markov chain transition ...er ...why? :shock:
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Pally wrote: A Markov chain transition ...er ...why? :shock:
It's a joke. It's the mathematical tool you'd use to model what happens to market share over time, and it would capture the effect of people moving between comparably poor service providers. I don't mind if I'm the only person who finds it amusing.
Pally

Post by Pally »

Ah ...I confess I missed that one Tim!! But each to our own...always good to have a giggle!
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

stuart wrote: 15 Feb 2016 16:09 Yes Rachael you are right. Virgin might be bad but they are not in the same class as TalkTalk. TalkTalk are special.

Frankly Tim - you have a choice - end the contract now or stay with the most justifiably derided ISP in the business. Leopards are not going to change their spots anytime soon. Why on earth sign a contract with a company with their reputation? You only got what anybody who checked their reputation would expect. Anyway non-provision of a contracted service should be a good start if you wish to avoid penalties.

Why are they so bad you might ask? It is down to long standing CEO Dido Harding who has ruthlessly pursued a policy of outsourcing everything that can be outsourced to the lowest bidder in order to offer low headline prices. So there is little integration between the non-TalkTalk Indian CS staff and the companies providing (or not providing) the infrastructure. Plus TalkTalk was a combination of a myriad of different competing minor ISPs who had poor services and would have taken a miracle worker to integrate in the first place. A double whammy.

That's why bits under the TalkTalk branding have gone awol from time to time. Within the industry their security is viewed as a bit of a joke. It has long been suspected that their CS contractors' staff have been selling customer data to scammers. Something TalkTalk have long denied but are now - in the aftermath of the October catastrophe and closer scrutiny - now beginning to begrudgingly accept.

This is the company that makes BT Internet (and Virgin) look good. Though I wouldn't recommend them as an alternative. Sadly last quarter's bad churn figures show not all TalkTalk's ex-customers are heeding this advice.

BTW Tim, have you Googled Dido?

Stuart
Nothing succeeds with Conservatives like incompetence

https://twitter.com/MattHancock/status/ ... 99649?s=19