Trattoria Raffaele; Let's hope prices stay the same

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Lord Summerisle

Trattoria Raffaele; Let's hope prices stay the same

Post by Lord Summerisle »

Nice recognition for a nice restaurant here. Following on from the Millennium Tandoori's high praise the other year I wonder whether the Standard has a Sydenham dweller working for them!! Either way, the food is lovely, I just hope this doesn't bring the prices up!

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/n ... 87601.html
Mayowthorpe

Re: Trattoria Raffaele; Let's hope prices stay the same

Post by Mayowthorpe »

I think its a great article, and love that Sydenham is now attracting the Chinese and Americans in their droves.

Could it be the start of more restaurants wanting to come to Sydenham?
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Yes, congratulations to Raff and family. Trattoria is a real local asset.
michael

Post by michael »

... unfashionable corner of south east London...
How dare they.
Mayowthorpe

Post by Mayowthorpe »

... unfashionable corner of south east London...

I am glad they said that. Will keep all those Dulwich-ites from flooding over the hill.
Hissing Syd

Post by Hissing Syd »

I love Tratt Raffs, and am glad they have the exposure/recognition, but I thought the article was a nasty, snide, passive-aggressive piece of journalism. I'm not bothered by "unfashionable part of SE London" - if that's what he thinks, his opinion, his loss, but why open by remarking that it's just a few doors up from Lidl? Ho, ho, ho, let's all sneer at where the poor people shop - notwithstanding the hordes of middle classes who go there for the capers and chorizo. Could there really be a restaurant of quality in such close proximity to the great unwashed?!

As for "could be worth a trip over the river"...Christ! - don't bother, Marie-Antoinette, stay in North London; I hear the view from the ivory towers is much better there.

Apologies for the rant!
Pally

Post by Pally »

I had some similar thoughts Hissing Syd ...not sure why Lidl or the river had to be mentioned!! But I was pleased for Trat Raff
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Hissing Syd
Agree - I had a great night there a fortnight ago with Mrs Nigel and two dear chums - food great , service excellent , atmosphere ditto - the sort of night where one couldn't give a flying you-know-what for Ms Mark Chandelier and his ilk .
If " unfashionable " means
having a great mix of people , strong local community and excellent restaurants like Trattoria Raffaele then I'm there , with a mullet haircut , a 7 kilo mobile phone and a Best of Coldplay album . I certainly don't need Marcus Candelabra to tell me where to eat .
A very good evening
Nigel