Granite / quartz worktops... Amtico floors

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Suzee

Granite / quartz worktops... Amtico floors

Post by Suzee »

And recommendations on where to source a granite or quartz kitchen worktop? We have a couple of (eye-watering ) quotes and wondered if anyone had a personal recommendation.

Additionally, anyone had much experience with Amtico floors? Are they worth the considerable outlay?!

Many thanks!
Rachael

Re: Granite / quartz worktops... Amtico floors

Post by Rachael »

I don't know about worktops but I can categorically say from my experience Amtico is worth every penny. We have had in the bathroom for 13 years - still looks like new and survived three years with tenants in the house. Had the kitchen done in Amtico five years ago - again, still looking extremely good. The kitchen floor has scratched up a little in place, but mainly because I've dragged something sharp across it. The scratches don't affect the performance of the floor at all. Get a professional Amtico installer and they will sort out any minor problems after installation that can occur when things settle.
Suzee

Post by Suzee »

Thanks Rachel. Everyone seems to love their Amtico or Karndean floors! Just felt the installation costs are pricey but perhaps it is worth it.

Cheers,
Sue
Jezford

Post by Jezford »

There is a big stone worktop place in Beckenham, can't recall name but they ha e loads of different finishes