No trains on the Sydenham Line again today

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Parker1970

No trains on the Sydenham Line again today

Post by Parker1970 »

As subject. I caught a snippet on the travel news, apparently a sinkhole at Forest Hill.... same one or another? WHo knows.
Sydenham

Re: No trains on the Sydenham Line again today

Post by Sydenham »

Here's the detail

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_d ... today.aspx

A safety inspection of the track near Forest Hill is disrupting trains between London Bridge and East Croydon. The following alterations apply:

Says expect delays till 18:00
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

I love that there are now two Forest Hill Sinkhole twitter accounts. The original one tweeted "I'm baaaaaack" :)
Pat Trembath

Post by Pat Trembath »

An update from Thames Water following the 'sink hole' at Forest Hill, which explains the closure of Jews Walk at the junction with Kirkdale and the traffic chaos it caused last week.

"We are continuing to make good progress with our work to strengthen and repair the sewer pipe that runs under the train line of Forest Hill. Unfortunately we had to close a section of Jews Walk to set up temporary pumps to be put in place for the next stage of our works.

The closure will remain in place for approximately 3 weeks and will be from the junction of Kirkdale up to Longton Grove. Footpath access will be maintained. Vehicle access to Homewalk House, The Grove Centre Church and Cherish Day Nursery will be available however there will be no parking available on this section of road for the duration of the road closure. Our pump will be set up to run up the middle of Jews Walk, running up to the footpath towards Kirkdale and along the footpath, entering a manhole in Wells Park Road.

Buses will be unable to turn into Wells Park Road from Kirkdale, therefore the first two bus stops from Kirkdale to Taylors Lane will not be in use".