Forest Hill Baths

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
sydeman

Forest Hill Baths

Post by sydeman »

I heard the other day that maybe the Forest Hill Baths had indeed be saved from demolition? Does anyone know if this is true, as the last i heard was that the council had signed the death warrant.
jackieboo

Post by jackieboo »

leenewham

Post by leenewham »

I think that is an old article. Hopefully things have progressed since then.
jackieboo

Post by jackieboo »

My sister lives just behind Sainsbury's thinks they are going to be demolished. I'll have a look on the SE23 forum.
Sid & Ham

Post by Sid & Ham »

The current official situation is that the pools will be demolished as will Louise House also the open space will be used.

To meet the cost of the new pool it is proposed to sell some land for residential use. At the moment a feasibility study is taking place and once completed there will be consultation in the summer.

It is assumed the new pool will incorporate parts of the farcade from the old pool. The has said building work will begin in 2009.

I believe there may be an alternative plan proposed by local residents to retain the original reception area and Louise House and build new pools at the rear.
jackieboo

Post by jackieboo »

I notice the library was cleaned and spruced up. I wonder how much that cost? Aren't they the same age?

I'd better get some photos pronto before the demolition begins.

What will happen to the natural spring that runs behind the baths I wonder.
DanW

Post by DanW »

jackieboo wrote:I notice the library was cleaned and spruced up. I wonder how much that cost? Aren't they the same age?
Jackieboo, the refit of the library cost £1million, there are some details on the attached:

http://tinyurl.com/4eu97g