Carpets

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
SydenhamOwl

Carpets

Post by SydenhamOwl »

Afternoon all,

My girlfriend and I have recently moved into the area and are looking at recarpeting part of our flat. Does anyone have any recommendations about which carpet place to use? I have noticed two on the High St: MW Floors near Lidl and a carpets and curtains place towards the station.

Any help appreciated,

Cheers,
Ghlpc

Re: Carpets

Post by Ghlpc »

There's a place opposite homebase in penge that's good, called carpet corner. The lady in there is nice as knows her stuff.

Good selection and prices, I have used them for a few places now.
RJM

Post by RJM »

We've used the one nearer the station (think it's called House of Carpets and Curtains) a couple of times, including vinyl for our weirdly shaped kitchen. They've done a really good job both times, and we'd definitely use them again.
topofthehill

Post by topofthehill »

MW Flooring are excellent. Highly competitive prices and first class service.
Sydenham Syd

Post by Sydenham Syd »

Would defo recommend Beckenham carpets - Mike who works in there used to won the shop on Syd high st. He's semi-retired. Very good service and they fit themselves rather than outsourcing.
Howard Staunton

Post by Howard Staunton »

I used MW Flooring last summer for three carpets. I paid just £15.00 for an offcut for my small communal entrance hall and they sourced a carpet that I chose, having found it on the internet, that they did not stock. Dave who works at the shop was very helpful and the two guys who fitted the carpets did a quick and tidy job. I would recommend them.
parker

Post by parker »

If you want outstanding, long lasting quality carpets at far more reasonable prices than Carpet Right you'd better visit Dourof's in Catford, they serve SE26. You won't be displeased, that much I can tell you.

http://www.dourofcarpets.com
Savvy

Post by Savvy »

We have used EJ Carpets on Stanstead Road have 'floored' us for nearly 30 years. They are a long established family firm and they are very very professional and very good. We made a mistake once and called into Carpet Right for a quote... the young woman didn't know what she was talking about, was negative and gave us wrong info. We went straight to EJ Carpets and they were like 'yes, of course we can do that, and yes, it can be laid in one piece without chopping it about'. Go and get a quote at least.
SydenhamOwl

Post by SydenhamOwl »

Many thanks for your help everyone.

I asked the House of Carpets and Curtains for a quote and will try the others suggested too!
mosy

Post by mosy »

On the other hand, if anyone's interested, Bissell do a well regarded handheld spot cleaner, see:
https://intl.target.com/p/bissell-174-c ... A-10090291
Or a review at No.7 on this list:
http://carpetcleanermachinesreviews.com ... es-reviews

I've been toying with the idea of getting one for ages as full-size cleaners also mean full weight (i.e. far too heavy for me).

I don't have shares in Bissell by the way, in fact I thought it was a Vax I remembered but can't seem to find it.