Penge stolen car killer gets 12 years

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Parker1970

Re: Penge stolen car killer gets 12 years

Post by Parker1970 »

Am I the only one that thinks 12 years for taken lives is not enough? Especially as he was out on license at the time. Too lenient in my opinion.
alywin

Post by alywin »

Realistically, I doubt he'd have got longer for it. People have got a lot less for vehicular manslaughter, haven't they? You have to feel for the family and the victims, though.
sparticus

Post by sparticus »

He'll serve 6 years in custody and 9 years on licence- half the sentence on licence as is always the case with determinate sentences and the additional 3 years licence imposed by the judge. Even an unrepentant liberal like me might conclude that 6 years inside for killing two innocent people when the horrible little scrote was on licence for a previous offence of dangerous driving is a tad lenient. No wonder the family of the victims felt aggrieved. I wonder if this is a case that the Attourney General should take to the Court of Appeal?
alywin

Post by alywin »

Ah, my apologies: I read the BBC comment of "jailed for 12 years" and took it literally - 12 years in jail.

Wonder how that compares/will compare(?) with the Jonathan Ollivier manslaughter case? I've not been keeping up with the news recently, but I thought that was due some time around now.