7 Kent House Road

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
mikej

Re: 7 Kent House Road

Post by mikej »

there are Victorian houses at the other (South) end of Kent House Road too, you know....
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.41494 ... 312!8i6656
syd-gal

Post by syd-gal »

Would be good to see something positive happen to those 3 shops.
I see the shop at the end of that block on the corner of Watlington Grove has been done up and looks as if it might be occupied again.
Lord Summerisle

Post by Lord Summerisle »

solo29 wrote:Hi,

Does anyone have any information on the landlords of 3-5-7 Kent House Road? I have Investors ready to take it off their hands. Can someone please PM me if you have any information on the landlords.

Thanks
Solomon.

Investors? Certainly not meaning to be rude but that term just seems so squalid and mercenary. I would hope that real people / families with real needs would hopefully live in these properties, not someone adding to a portfolio to make a profit possibly carving up nice housing into small units whilst squeezing unfair rents from folk. Again, not meaning to dig you out just how I feel personally. I do now the landlord of one of those properties but wouldn't pass on their details for the above reasons.
Mayowthorpe

Post by Mayowthorpe »

Lord Summerisle wrote:
solo29 wrote:Hi,

Does anyone have any information on the landlords of 3-5-7 Kent House Road? I have Investors ready to take it off their hands. Can someone please PM me if you have any information on the landlords.

Thanks
Solomon.

Investors? Certainly not meaning to be rude but that term just seems so squalid and mercenary. I would hope that real people / families with real needs would hopefully live in these properties, not someone adding to a portfolio to make a profit possibly carving up nice housing into small units whilst squeezing unfair rents from folk. Again, not meaning to dig you out just how I feel personally. I do now the landlord of one of those properties but wouldn't pass on their details for the above reasons.
I dont mean to be rude, but isnt the current landlord you know an investor in the property?

Someone has to own the property, and making assumptions on their motivations is unfair. From experience, getting planning permission through Lewisham Council is tough, so its not like any new investor is able to easily do anything that would be against the character of the building or against the interests of the surrounding area.
syd-gal

Post by syd-gal »

I see work has finally started on 7 Kent House Rd, the old Steptoes shop. No idea what it will be - another shop, or more likely flats.