Tennis courts in Wells Park?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
MagmaTimes

Tennis courts in Wells Park?

Post by MagmaTimes »

Hi all

Does anyone know if the tennis courts in Wells Park are a) still there and b) free for me to just turn up and use?

I heard the ones at Mayow Park have closed?!
sgc

Re: Tennis courts in Wells Park?

Post by sgc »

They were still there when I walked past two weeks ago. Two courts. As far as I could tell free to use, just limited to one hour if others waiting.
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

The ones in Mayow Park are temporarily closed, while they were resurfaced, and received much needed upgrading, and new fencing. This paid jointly by Lewisham, and the Lawn Tennis Association - They will be maintained but this comes at a cost, so therefore to use the Mayow Park ones you'll need to register on the Lewisham website, and then pay either a yearly sum of £35 (unlimited booking), or £5 per individual booking. Courts need to be booked online in advance to receive a code for the electronic door.
The courts were painted yesterday, so the day that they open again for use is getting nearer.
Sydenham

Post by Sydenham »

Wells Park tennis courts open and no charge to play - just turn-up and wait your turn if occupied. However some time in the future (this year) they will move to LTA management just like Mayow ones and others in Lewisham. Then there will be payment system etc.