Crystal Palace park noise

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Nigel

Crystal Palace park noise

Post by Nigel »

Is anyone else aware of the fairly regular Sunday night music from the park ?
For years I thought it must be some licenced event which there have been from time to time - no problem with that .
But it ain't - I went jogging there a week ago and went up to where the ( massive ) subwoofer sound was coming from and it turned out to be a small group of youths around a couple of small vans with subwoofers on the roof .
It's now 21.52 hours and I can hear it through very good triple glazing .

I am somewhat staggered that Bromley have not stopped this - if you fancy a look it's in the car park where people park for track events etc , near the top .

Grateful for others' views - theoretically it seems , you could play all of Bartok violin duos, o a loop through massive 2000 watt speakers from 530 ish until 10 or later - I might ask Bromley if they'd mind .
Somehow it's never Bartok.

A very noisy evening
Nigel
gintonya

Re: Crystal Palace park noise

Post by gintonya »

Yep, can hear it every Sunday. My husband went to check it once and saw all the vans with subwoofers. We filed a complaint to Bromley council a week ago, but no response..
alywin

Post by alywin »

Thanks. We were wondering what on earth the cause was: it was pretty loud. Bromley Council has an out-of-hours noise line, but I don't know what they have apart from that.
alywin

Post by alywin »

By the way, does anyone know of any website which lists official events taking place in the Park? I never know where to look.
mosy

Post by mosy »

Alwyn, I don't think there have been any official concert events for a good few years and the only website I can find says No events listed.

Maybe they were organised by the BBC, as Ally Pally (Alexandra Palace), the other main transmitter sited in North London, also had such concerts at one time. If so, maybe they stopped due to cutback licence fee savings? <- totally unfounded guesswork but Ally Pally is all venues for commercial hire, so maybe CP's rusty laptop is.
----

If you'll forgive the aside folks, when my mum once visited with her dog, the dog ran full pelt not realising there was a straight-sided man-made pool in front of the bowl (which there was then). The shock! Poor thing; she had to learn how to swim - like fast! It was no easy thing to lift her out either whilst she was doggy paddling furiously to stay afloat, without us falling in head first and joining her :lol:
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

I've written to Bromley using this address : ehts.customer@bromley.gov.uk , outlining the issues and asking what they knew, why their contractors have allowed it to continue and when they are going to stop it .

I didn't have name to write to , only the email address from their noise nuisance page http://www.bromley.gov.uk/info/412/poll ... e_problems.

Can I suggest we share any responses or lack thereof and also any named officers from Bromley council in case others want to chase them up . I seriously wonder what Bromley's contractors are doing if they've turned a blind eye to this.

A very good afternoon
Nigel
alywin

Post by alywin »

mosy wrote:Alwyn, I don't think there have been any official concert events for a good few years and the only website I can find says No events listed.

Maybe they were organised by the BBC, as Ally Pally (Alexandra Palace), the other main transmitter sited in North London, also had such concerts at one time. If so, maybe they stopped due to cutback licence fee savings? <- totally unfounded guesswork but Ally Pally is all venues for commercial hire, so maybe CP's rusty laptop is.
They'd have been Bromley events, I think, not BBC ones - I don't think the Beeb has ever had anything to do with Crystal Palace.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Interestingly whenever there is an official event there is never anything on the net - I've done it mainly out of curiosity ( event +crystal palace park + date etc )
The only I've found on retrospective is a Jamaica event about 3 years ago . Utterly bizarre why Bromley don't post forthcoming events ( even the event coming on 17th June isn't highlighted by Bromley ) .

We the noise issue - I had an acknowledgement and was told my complaint would be looked into in 3-5 days - I'll keep yer posted .

A very good afternoon
Nigel
alywin

Post by alywin »

What event is that, Nigel? And is it in any way linked to the row currently but intermittently emanating from that direction at the moment? Or I suppose it could be St. Christopher's, but they're not usually antisocial enough to do anything in the evening.
alywin

Post by alywin »

Hmm ... I guess if this site worked properly https://crystalpalacefestival.org/ I might perhaps be able to get hold of a list of events and find out what was scheduled. But it doesn't, so I can't.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Alwyn
That's my guess - it sounded like a sound set-up , think I heard a few " wun-too, wun-too"s.

I heard back from LBB who said they are onto it . It didn't happen last Sunday so maybe they've stopped it - they'll be hearing from me if they come back and I will keep everyone posted . Shame there's not more information about the actual events though is agree. I've only seen posters but it looked pretty good .

A very good morning
Nigel