Beware of burglars

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
El Cid

Beware of burglars

Post by El Cid »

I was told today that by someone who lives in Whittell Gardens (it runs between Sydenham Park and Sydenham Park Road, not far from Kirkdale) that there have been four burglaries in the road in the last three weeks.

On one occasion, a resident returned home from a break to discover her property had been broken into. On another occasion the break-in was in the middle of the night. In some cases, the burglars seem to have been looking for car keys. One incident was captured on CCTV from a house opposite and it appears one or both burglars were armed with some kind of weapon.

I also heard today of a break--in at a house in De Frene Road (near Mayow Park).

Very concerning.
JayB

Re: Beware of burglars

Post by JayB »

Thanks for the warning El Cid, always useful though of course i am very sorry to hear it has happened to any of us. :evil:
Unfortunately burglars often revisit an area once they have been in one flat or house so we should alll be alert.
Syddders

Post by Syddders »

Two separate people in HOP posted in a forum on Facebook about being burgled this week.
Mattyroon

Post by Mattyroon »

We live on lockwood close and usually just chain the front door at night. This morning the door was open but with the chain still intact. I Couldn’t see any other signs of forced entry but based on this trail I suspect someone’s had a go. Obviously will be locking it properly from now!
Bravoechonovember

Post by Bravoechonovember »

I’m sorry to report that we had a break in last Saturday where the bugulars were fortunately scared off by our alarm and our neighbours kindly phoned the police.

We’ve lived in Sydenham 10 years on Niederwald and have always felt safe with few problems so I’m positive this is a minor blip.

Stay safe everyone.

Ps I didn’t catch her name but our local PCSO who popped round on Sunday was lovely. I think we are lucky to have her.
alywin

Post by alywin »

HOP??

I was told there had also been some burglaries on Newlands Park - can anyone else confirm this?
Syddders

Post by Syddders »

Sorry, Honor Oak Park. It was on an SE23 group on Facebook. Not Sydenham, but near enough to show a possible link
Likelife

Post by Likelife »

There has been a lot of car damage in Lower Sydenham recently too. Broken windows, mirrors, etc.