Missing post?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
alywin

Missing post?

Post by alywin »

We haven't had any post since before last weekend. I was originally being generous and putting this down to the bad weather, but now it's getting ridiculous! (And I thought the post locally was sorted either in Croydon or Dartford, and I don't think either of those were particularly heavily snowed up! I may be out of date with those locations, though). The Royal Mail website isn't exactly helpful on the subject of delays either. I'm missing bank and credit card statements, utility bills and so on. There's been no sight of a postman (or postwoman, even) since last week. Is this the same thoughout Sydenham, or just on the Bromley side?
Parker1970

Re: Missing post?

Post by Parker1970 »

We have had post in Kirkdale this week.
bjc

Post by bjc »

Was just thinking we've had nothing for a few days...
We're on Tredown Road.
syd-gal

Post by syd-gal »

I haven't had any post this week either, Lower Sydenham.
It's strange as last year we were only getting deliveries 4 days a week (that is what the postie told me), and then this year we seemed to be getting more than 4 a week. We had deliveries all last week in the snow, but nothing since Saturday.
chris 1961

Post by chris 1961 »

We've had nothing this week (Tredown Road). If the usual Postie is off on holiday or sick, they used to split the round with another Postie and you would get deliveries every other day.
I don't think they bother with this anymore and if your Postie is off your mail will have to wait a while.
Are they collecting post from the post boxes?
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

We have had post in lower Sydenham.
alywin

Post by alywin »

Well, the postie was back today, but not the missing post. If that is indeed what they're doing, it's a pretty shoddy way to operate a business.
syd-gal

Post by syd-gal »

Postman arrived today with loads of post. And I overheard him telling my neighbour there has been a lot of sickness, hence no delivery last week.
Suzee

Post by Suzee »

No post for us yet today on Tredown. Had maybe one delivery last week. Awaiting late birthday cards and bits for a party that has already happened!
chris 1961

Post by chris 1961 »

Really not good enough - no post at all for over a week because the post can't cope when they have a few off on the sick.
My wife is waiting for an important document which is probably gathering dust in a sorting office while the postie is at home with his feet up.
parker

Post by parker »

syd-gal wrote:Postman arrived today with loads of post. And I overheard him telling my neighbour there has been a lot of sickness, hence no delivery last week.
Surely the snow was a good enough excuse for lack of post lately.
The Clown

Post by The Clown »

My postie came every day in the snow and the bin men came too. I was somewhat surprised and certainly impressed.
parker

Post by parker »

The Clown wrote:My postie came every day in the snow and the bin men came too. I was somewhat surprised and certainly impressed.
You must live in Spring Hill :lol:
chris 1961

Post by chris 1961 »

Got home last night to a ton of post.
Would be nice if the Post Office gave some kind of explaination / excuse as to why they did not deliver any post around Tredown for over a week.
urbaneagle

Post by urbaneagle »

Also no post in SE26 for nearly a week - missing urgent tickets and birthday cards. Not happy :(
appletree

Post by appletree »

We got post today -- Tues -- (around Kirkdale) including three magazines normally delivered on Fridays.
butters

Post by butters »

I am beyond furious, we have had basically nothing for almost a fortnight in our block, and I am waiting on official bank statements for our visa appointment saturday. i wonder if i can get away with telling the Home Office to take it up with the bloody sorting office !