The Greyhound layout

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
El Cid

The Greyhound layout

Post by El Cid »

I just wondered what everyone thinks of the layout of The Greyhound.

I popped in last night and was struck by how it seemed to be almost like two different places. As I went through the door, I noticed that people on the left were sitting at tables eating or waiting for dishes to arrive, while on the right people were just drinking. And the floor space between them was empty.

It felt as if The Greyhound wasn't sure if it was meant to be a pub or a restaurant.
leenewham

Re: The Greyhound layout

Post by leenewham »

One part is near the bar. One part is nearer where they serve food. Like many pubs they serve beer and food, so they cater for both. I'm not really sure why this is an issue.

But it's built, seems busy, looks great and is an asset at one of the main entry points to the heart of Sydenham.

What I'm really interested in is what happens upstairs, and what that will be when they finish it.
DanW

Post by DanW »

leenewham wrote:What I'm really interested in is what happens upstairs, and what that will be when they finish it.
I've been told upstairs will be for dining, two rooms. I'm not sure whether that means there will be less space reserved for dining in the current space to the left of the bar.
bjc

Post by bjc »

I'm confused about the layout of Billings..
One part is a butchers and the other part is a fishmongers.
gerry

Post by gerry »

you are indeed confused

This is a thread on The Greyhound, not Billings
ptmartin

Post by ptmartin »

Good to see we’ve established what a pub that serves food looks like. Not exactly a rarity.

Can’t we just be happy that a high-quality pub with good food and keen-to-help staff has arrived in the neighbourhood?
bjc

Post by bjc »

Marvel: “Infinity War is the most ambitious crossover event in history.”

Me: "In Sydenham we have a pub that has a bar serving drink and a seated area for food.
robbieduncan

Post by robbieduncan »

Looked the glazing was going in the conservatory/extension this morning.
gillyjp

Post by gillyjp »

What a lovely job they've done on the conservatory glass. Now we have a great looking pub at the gateway to Sydenham. Worth waiting for IMHO. I'm sure it will be a real success story. Being almost next door neighbours we'll certainly be visiting on a regular basis.