Forest Hill Pools consultation leaflet

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Big Ben

Forest Hill Pools consultation leaflet

Post by Big Ben »

I've just received through my door in Bishopsthorpe Rd a folded over white leaflet which I was just about to throw in the recycling bin when, on opening, I discover that it is the consultation 'alert' for the redevelopment of Forest Hill Pools (ie the demolition of Louise House and the Victorian pools complex). I would have expected that the views of the public on such a significant development would have been sought via at least a 4-page A4 document (of the type Lewisham have previously circulated to discover views on Sydenham Road regeneration, controlled parking zones etc). An A4 leaflet in colour would have given the Council the chance to print the 3 options for redevelopment on offer - thus gaining the widest set of views, not confining the response to those who are online and/or can visit Forest Hill library over the next two weeks. Having looked at the options online my response is to complete the questionnaire and reject them all - as other posters on this site have said, the proposed buildings are bland, functional blocks which will bring Milton Keynes to Forest Hill. I urge everyone concerned to sign the petition which has been set up demanding the retention of the Victorian buildings. It is at this link:
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/sav ... -hill.html