Cobbs corner

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
prince

Cobbs corner

Post by prince »

Great news - hot on the heels of Nandos highly successful launch, pleased to say that planning permission has been granted for the change of use of the old nightclub to a laser quest and escape room venue.

While I would have very much preferred to have had an Everyman cinema, this will bring a large and vacant unit back into use, providing a much neeed leisure centre offer on our high street that will attract lots of people to visit and to spend money. It will also undoubtably act as as a further generator for more investment.

Very pleased
Growsydenham

Re: Cobbs corner

Post by Growsydenham »

Wow - great news
It's such a tatty building, I hope they clean up the back of it
I must admit I was doubtful this would get approved given previous doubts over traffic
stuart

Post by stuart »

Sorry to be an ignoramus but what is a "laser quest and escape room"?
[I did google but all the hits assumed I already did know!]

Stuart
prince

Post by prince »

stuart wrote:Sorry to be an ignoramus but what is a "laser quest and escape room"?
[I did google but all the hits assumed I already did know!]

Stuart

This might give you an idea...

https://www.escape-london.co.uk

http://www.laserquest.co.uk
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

I love the idea of an escape room, ever since I saw them on The Big Bang Theory, looks like a lot of fun.
stuart

Post by stuart »

prince wrote:This might give you an idea...

https://www.escape-london.co.uk
http://www.laserquest.co.uk
Thanks - err .. sort of University Challenge does Paintball in the dark but without having to take a shower ... ???

Stuart
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

My brother and his family and fiends visited one uptown last weekend as a treat for my niece's birthday.

Went with a measure of scepticism but came out as full converts.

Don't recall them mentioning the laser part (or paintball) but they all enjoyed the puzzles, clues and bluffs in the experience.

We declined to pay the ransom.
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

they are two separate things - Laser quest is like paintball but with laser guns. Escape Rooms are puzzles in rooms designed so that once you solve the puzzles, it leads you to be able escape from the room. usually finding a number combination for a padlock, or finding a key somewhere, or something along those lines.
JMLF

Post by JMLF »

Any word on this? Just being a bit nosy really and wondering although the application to change use was approved whether the space will be changed/used rather than empty at some point in the near future?!
clembot

Post by clembot »

Lol.. laser quest, the 80’s are back. Good to see progression in Syds. :?
Bob M

Post by Bob M »

The Escape Room is not a good idea - Just this weekend 5 people have died in Poland in an identical event , with a fire breaking out.
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

Bob M wrote: 6 Jan 2019 18:25 The Escape Room is not a good idea - Just this weekend 5 people have died in Poland in an identical event , with a fire breaking out.
Terrible though that is, one sad accident does not mean the end to Escape Rooms.