Cricket Match STF v The Dolphin

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Ronski

Post by Ronski »

Here's a slide show of all the photographs...

Cricket Match Slide show

& here's a link to the full res photos if anyone wants any prints of their efforts :)

Cheers,
Ronski
Last edited by Ronski on 21 Jul 2008 13:09, edited 1 time in total.
mosy

Post by mosy »

I'm learning that people who post on here don't really "chat", but I hope it's OK just to post to say thank you for the vid and slide show. Cheers! :)
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

Is the first photo AliB's bowling action?

GOT to be a chuck!
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

I didn't get to bowl in the latest match, but with hindsight, l should have had an over at least. We also missed you Lambchops, and Nasaroc too.

If you ask me, there was one bowling action that looked truly horrendous, but in the spirit of the game, we'll put that down to inexperience/nerves.

We'll just have to ensure on the 21st (if this date is confirmed) that the DDA's don't get that hattrick of victories..........

Alib
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

chucking is practically legal now, thanks to the ICC.

does anyone want a net in between now and the game?
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

Defo for me Lambchops.
However, with the potential for Nasaroc and yourself to be playing the next match, I'm not too sure if I'll be selected.
As we live so close, we could go to one of the fields at the junction with Sydenham Hill and the south Circular. Or the cricket ground where the match was abandoned.

Defo a beer afterwards in the Woodman.

Give us a call mate, I am free most of the time next week.

Ali b
nasaroc

Post by nasaroc »

The Dolphin team are playing a game tomorrow against Dulwich teachers and the teachers are one person short.

Anybody fancy a game please PM me.

6pm at the Streatham and Marlborough ground
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

What's the latest news on the next game?

Apparently AliB is going to streak.
nasaroc

Post by nasaroc »

We are all set up ready for the rematch with The Dolphin/Dartmouth Arms on Monday 6pm at the Streatham and Marlborough club (at the bottom of Cox's Walk/near The Beefeater on the South Circular).

Let battle commence!
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

We're going to put on a bowling display like South Africa have today!
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

BUMP,

C'mon Sydenham
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

For those wondering - Sydenham Dragons raised themselves to new heights putting 146 runs past the Dolphins. A new record topping the previous best by over 20 runs.

Lambchops & PropertyWorld Dan led the charge with 38 & 39 runs each. We didn't even need to trouble our tailenders as only the 20 overs brought our glorious innings to an end.

Of the Dolphins innings I will only say that they passed the Dragons total in the 19th over. I'm afraid their batsmen were in even more magnificent form.

Maybe if we tightened up our bowling a bit and the outfield work - we could still take them. Watchfink Cap'n Nasaroc?

Admin
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

my own statistics for the match (on the Sydenham Town side)

Bowled: 0
wickets: 0
Runs: 0
dropped catches:1
Grass burns: 1 (large)
aching muscles: loads
mosqito bites: hundreds

Well done the DDA.

Alib
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

Thanks for scoring, Admin...you'd buggered off before I could say thanks.

Was a fun game!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

lambchops wrote:Thanks for scoring, Admin...you'd buggered off before I could say thanks.
Didn't have any lights for my bike .. how those Dolphins in the closing overs managed to see the ball (let alone your spin) amazed me or is the Dolphin veg always carrots?

Admin
TDA

Post by TDA »

Well I did my bit to help Sydenham Town by dropping two fairly easy catches and letting a few boundaries past but thanks to our batsmen (who was that guy Hugh anyway?) the Double D's pulled it off again. Thank you everyone for another great night and to Barry and Mike for organising it all.
Juwlz

Post by Juwlz »

TDA wrote:Well I did my bit to help Sydenham Town by dropping two fairly easy catches and letting a few boundaries past but thanks to our batsmen (who was that guy Hugh anyway?) the Double D's pulled it off again. Thank you everyone for another great night and to Barry and Mike for organising it all.
yeah..right. At least we're keeping it real.. your team has more changes than..er something with a lot of changes. Sounds like you don't know who some of your players are! Anyone can round up a few of the counties finest..with the encouragement of a few beer related incentives perhaps..?

If you were interested in making it fair an square you'd regularly have a couple of players that can't catch, thrown or bat. like what the Sydenham Dragons have.

Otherwise its just not cricket.
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

yeah....what's this about ringers?

yorkshire got thrown out of the 20-20 comp for something similar!
TDA

Post by TDA »

Strategic team changes? Ringers? Terrible accusations! In fact we fielded a team with just two changes from the last game, one of which was that there were only ten of us. And don't forget, this time you had the multi-talented club player Lamb Chops. With his power batting, spin bowling, match arranging, talking (a lot), and bugling skills, we really had a struggle on our hands. So don't be too hard on us. As for our boy Hugh from SE23, he has long been a pub regular, but at The Lord's Tavern.
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

it could have been percieved by some that i was on the take from TDA with the quality of spin bowling i delivered!

terrible!!