Any Saffas living in Sydenham/Penge?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
mumofanangel

Any Saffas living in Sydenham/Penge?

Post by mumofanangel »

Was wondering if their are any Saffas living in good ol Sydenham - preferrably early 30's and with little ones? Nice to be able to have a chat/meet up and chat about good old home comforts (biltong, koeksisters, melktart, good weather.........!) Makes one feel slightly less lonely to know that there are more of us here (i know there are LOADS of us over here, but not sure whether in Syd?)
Sydenham

Post by Sydenham »

I didn't know what a Saffa was so looked it up via google:

Urban Dictionary

Saffa is a term used for South African immigrants taking over a country (usually London)
fishcox

Post by fishcox »

hi mumofanangel

my friends' partner fits the bill perfectly, she is south african (from cape town) and has two young daughters, and lives in sydenham/forest hill.

if you pm me with your contact details, i will pass them on to her; although she is back in south africa for a couple of weeks at the moment.
Willy

Post by Willy »

BTW - if you want some SA goods, Villagers Sausages in Beckenham stocks a good range, home made biltong, creamed sweetcorn, that sort of thing (the Boerwors is very good too)

http://www.englishsausages.com/
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Travelling round London the main area id SW 19 , Earlswood and wimbledon , about 30% of the populattion of Earlsfield are from The Veld.
mumofanangel

Post by mumofanangel »

Yip that's right, could just call it New South Africa, ey :D but that's why i wanted to know if there are a few live in good ol Syd ; )
Thanks for the tip will def be going to Beckenham when it's braai (BBQ) weather again (have been past the shop you are talking about, but never been in, sooooo good to know that we can get our hands on some biltong/boere so close to home - without having to go all the way to SA shop at London Bridge - illegal to send over now (mom used to send vacuum packed in parcels, but carries a massive fine now : (
mumofanangel

Post by mumofanangel »

:oops: meant to say " a few who live in good ol Syd"
Disko

Hoozit

Post by Disko »

Hey Saffas

We're an egte Zuid Afrique family living in Sydenham met twee klein babatjies. n meisie en n seun. We're also in our early thirties. If you feel like meeting up for coffee sometime let us know.

Totsiens