Local announcements with political message

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
Tim Lund

Local announcements with political message

Post by Tim Lund »

Open question for Admin, but for others to comment here. Is it OK for me to post a link to this sign up form

Keep up with local action against Brexit!

in the Town Hall, with any debate on Brexit itself in the Town Pub?

Obviously, the same rules would apply to anyone looking to sign up people to campaign for Brexit locally.
John H

Re: Local announcements with political message

Post by John H »

Wholly inappropriate
stuart

Post by stuart »

John H wrote:Wholly inappropriate
Wasn't the purpose of Town Hall to publicise local campaigns and events? Haven't they been great. The Greyhound for example?

We have had vigorous local political debates at election time - all part of the hustings experience.

I agree that Town Hall is inappropriate for general discussion on Brexit. That's precisely what Town Pub was created to cover. But you claim it is wholly inappropriate there too. Why do you wish to censor any online posting anywhere about Brexit?

Stuart
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Question for Admin - is it possible technically to do what I was suggesting - having a single post thread with an announcement on the Town Hall, and then a link to a comment thread in the Town Pub?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes that would be possible - do you want me to arrange that for this thread?
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Dead man talking - I asked admin to delete my account 2 days ago - and repeat the request again here . Since it’s still active I have to comment , hopefully my very last comment .

Stuart where do you get off accusing John H of trying to censor all discussions about Brexit!? - he simply said its inappropriatel for Town Hall snd Asylum- no issue at all in the Town Pub .

Admin then proves the point by agreeing to put a kind of short cut in Town Hall to lead you to Tims post on Town Hall - someone should try posting a link to a discussion about the “Honduran caravan and how it might be stopped “ in For Sale with a link to Town Pub . As ever it’s bias and favouritism . I for one don’t give a monkeys whether Stuart is admin or whether admin has a name - it’s the same talking down to , biased , nothing to see here nonsense that seems to give succour to genuinely nasty types like VB and irritating little rule-breaker like Tim .
I didn’t want to do the equivalent of walking out then coming back to get my coat but the smarmy and collusive attitudes exhibited here just confirms to me how corrupt this Forum now is , despite some genuine and interesting contributors.

I hope those that want to speak frankly and against the grain will continue to do so despite obvious attempts to shut them up , defame or threaten with the naughty step .
I’m now off. God bless Allison Krauss, free speech and the state of Israel .
Nigel
vbsydenham

Post by vbsydenham »

:lol: :lol:

Don't let the door hit you on the way out
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I have now deactivated Nigel's account, in accordance with his requests.

admin
vbsydenham

Post by vbsydenham »

Agreed
JRW

Post by JRW »

I find it astonishing that vbsydenham has not been sanctioned given the horrible tone of their recent posts. The conclusion we have all come to is that it is a duplicate account belonging to The Management. Prove us wrong by cancelling vb's account. I'm not holding my breath though.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

What? I deleted several of VB's messages that were criticised by you and Nigel. He hasn't done anything worse than that as far as I know.

Just calm down and move on PLEASE.
JRW

Post by JRW »

vbsydenham wrote::lol: :lol:

Don't let the door hit you on the way out
This is a graceless, completely unnecessary comment. VB has behaved appallingly, but survives when others get chucked out.

Btw, you deleted some of his comments, not all, and only after a lot of resistance. If you see rudeness, as admin, you should have a quiet word with the culprit to warn them off. Don't insist on the victim contacting you before you act.
stuart

Post by stuart »

JRW wrote:I find it astonishing that vbsydenham has not been sanctioned given the horrible tone of their recent posts. The conclusion we have all come to is that it is a duplicate account belonging to The Management..
[my bold]
Hold on JRW. You have no right to speak for me or anybody else without their assent on what is a very serious accusation. You've done this before [falsely accusing me] without any evidence.

Do you have any this time?

Stuart
michael

Post by michael »

There are parts of Nigel's post that should be removed to prevent the continued discussion of a thread that was deleted. It may just be easier to delete his post entirely to avoid including his remaining comments out of context.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK, good point Michael. As it's Nigel's last comment, I've merely excised the reference to the earlier toxic thread rather than deleting the whole thing.

I hope that's ok.

admin