Any news on Mamma Dough?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
appletree

Any news on Mamma Dough?

Post by appletree »

There has been nothing on their Twitter feed about Sydenham since September. Does anyone know anything about any progress on the site? I was looking forward to their arrival.
Makesydenhamgreat.

Re: Any news on Mamma Dough?

Post by Makesydenhamgreat. »

Yes, I was wondering about this as well.

What concerns me is there’s a new Lewisham council note saying mama dough has an application for the store front they are currently fitting out and any complaints need to be lodged by early February.... Did someone initially complain and block their development so they had to reapply?
JRW

Post by JRW »

Totally routine, don't worry. The finer points of the shopfront probably weren't set out in the main application.
angela53

Post by angela53 »

Walked past today and saw lots of activity inside

Looking good including wood fired oven installed

I reckon well on plan for opening and looking forward to trying out
mosy

Post by mosy »

I read or heard somewhere very recently a one-liner that wood-burning ovens and fires were to be outlawed (or were proposed to be). I'm not surprised as I read a study last year saying they're one of biggest causes of air/climate pollution (I can't remember how they measured its prominence).

Seems we'd better all pile in to Mamma Dough's fast once it opens... :mrgreen:
appletree

Post by appletree »

Glad to hear things are progressing!
JMLF

Post by JMLF »

Had dinner at their HOP location last night - quick friendly service and delicious pizza in my opinion (and I assume others as they won best pizza in Brixton at some food awards and there are quite a few high end/“authentic” pizza places) so can’t ask for too much more. Hope the standard continues in SE26 and the doors open relatively soon!
JMLF

Re: Any news on Mamma Dough? [opening this weekend!]

Post by JMLF »

Was lucky enough to be @mamma_dough’s soft launch for their 5th branch in #Sydenham. Lovely setting, great staff, amazing olives, garlic bread, pizzas, salads, desserts, booze and coffee. Not confirmed but plan is to open from this weekend Fri-Sun 12-10 and weekdays 4 or 5-10!
(Ps: Apologies for the twitter speak - just copied and pasted it!)

https://twitter.com/sydenhamural/status ... 71333?s=21
JMLF

Post by JMLF »

Forgot to add in case people are unaware of the location! It’s between pure gym and Nando’s, opposite sugarhill on Kirkdale.
Mayowthorpe

Post by Mayowthorpe »

Makesydenhamgreat. wrote: 20 Jan 2019 12:17 Yes, I was wondering about this as well.

What concerns me is there’s a new Lewisham council note saying mama dough has an application for the store front they are currently fitting out and any complaints need to be lodged by early February.... Did someone initially complain and block their development so they had to reapply?
Probably the Sydenham Society.
Newtosydenham

Post by Newtosydenham »

Thanks JMLF! Has anyone had it confirmed that they are definitely opening this weekend? Hoping to go if so!
Seems a bit odd that they haven’t advertised it at all on their website/ social media.

Thanks!
Pat Trembath

Post by Pat Trembath »

Nope, no objections made by the Sydenham Society.

Change to a shop front is a planning matter and has to be approved by Lewisham planners.
Pally

Post by Pally »

Completely un-evidenced negative remarks about the Sydenham Society are hardly helpful In trying to get some appropriate usage of tho forum as a community website by community groups and civic societies!!
Syd_Stone

Post by Syd_Stone »

It was open when we drove past today, circa 3:00pm. Looked great! Presumably a 'soft launch' - no promotion on Twitter - but the Sydenham Mamma Dough is now offering its own 'specials' on the Mamma Dough website. Just no Deliveroo option for now.
prince

Post by prince »

Brilliant food at Mamma Dough this evening, great service and lovely cosy atmosphere. A real welcome addition.
angela53

Post by angela53 »

Yippee

great news - I am looking forward to visiting
Newtosydenham

Post by Newtosydenham »

Great evening at Mamma Dough following a few drinks at the Greyhound. So great to have these places in walking distance!

I very much enjoyed (all 3 courses :shock: ). The service was prompt and professional and you would never know they had only just opened!

Highly reccomend the Nutella calzone for pudding!...!
prince

Post by prince »

Newtosydenham wrote: 9 Feb 2019 22:45 Great evening at Mamma Dough following a few drinks at the Greyhound. So great to have these places in walking distance!

I very much enjoyed (all 3 courses :shock: ). The service was prompt and professional and you would never know they had only just opened!

Highly reccomend the Nutella calzone for pudding!...!
The Nutella calzone is absolutely amazing - we had it with banana split ice cream - oh my!
sophie

Post by sophie »

We ate there last night and really enjoyed the food.