291/307 Kirkdale Planning Consultation 14 March

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
mosy

291/307 Kirkdale Planning Consultation 14 March

Post by mosy »

Public consultation on 14 March in the hall at the rear of St Bartholomew's Church, 10 Westwood Hill, SE26 6QR, 4.15 to 7.30pm.

It is the building adjoining the Cobb's Corner cupola-topped one running along Spring Hill. Postcode SE26 4QD. From the flyer, it looks to be being extended upwards with an extra storey and an extra roof storey as well and is described as intended as "mixed use".
TredownMan

Re: 291/307 Kirkdale Planning Consultation 14 March

Post by TredownMan »

Designs look rather good, I think. And an infinite improvement on it sitting empty, or a nightclub.
gillyjp

Post by gillyjp »

Whilst the development initial plans look good, as immediate neighbours living in Peak Hill Gardens, we must ensure some sort of underground parking is included. Any interested and long suffering neighbours in Peak Hill Garden, Spring Hill, Sydenham Avenue, Collingtree Road, etc who are affected by the parking in their roads should attend.

We welcome the plans, but surely they must include some sort of parking? Currently, what with Nandos, The Greyhound and Sainsburys Local, and Mumma Doughs, not to mention Pure Gym and the upline to London entrance to Sydenham Station it is increasingly dangerous. We now have people parking on the corner double yellow lines whether it be pick up/drop off passengers from the train, pick up a take away from Nandos or Momma Doughs visit the gym or pick up some last minute shopping, we now have a much more serious situation. Not only can we not park in the roads we reside in (or nearabouts) we cannot sometimes even get into the roads. The unloading for Nandos and Sainsburys Local is, as expected, a necessary evil but it all has a backlash on local residents. I understand that we 'don't own the roads we live in' so please don't come back to me with that old chesnut. However it has become a serious hazard and without some planned underground parking, it is going to get much, much worse.
TredownMan

Post by TredownMan »

Someone who knows planning law better would be able to clarify, but I'm not sure it's required, given it's adjacent to the station and bus stops.
Also, given the air quality crisis, isn't encouraging car-free living on high streets a good thing?
gillyjp

Post by gillyjp »

Yes I know all about the great transport links Tredown Man thank you but that what was pointed out when planning permission was sought for the 70+ flats at Cobbs Court. Also the parking issues/concerns were highlighted when Sainsbury's, Nandos, etc were first mentioned. I feel that we have now reached saturation point as for as on street parking is concerned. As I pointed out it is now getting dangerous with inconsiderate drivers parking on double yellow lines at both end of our street constantly. We have people parking their huge work vans side by side and I doubt very much whether Fire Engines or Ambulances would be able to access further down our road.

It is not helpful to point out the great transport links when potential residents (car owners) want to move in and understandably want to park their cars and use them at will, to do shopping, etc. I have already made the commitment to walking to the shops, including the Sainsburys and shops at the bottom of Sydenham as often as I can but others are not so discerning. Maybe time for the council to consider a CPZ which we have been interested in for years but I understand Lewisham Council will not do this.
SydLowe

Post by SydLowe »

Any idea what the plans are? Will it be for commercial use? More restaurants?