Sydenham Tyres

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
syd

Sydenham Tyres

Post by syd »

Hi all

Does anyone know what is happening at Sydenham tyres? I saw a stack of a few hundred trees outside the shop when it was closed. How is that allowed it could kill someone if it collapsed.

It’s outrageous!!
Sideofham

Re: Sydenham Tyres

Post by Sideofham »

syd wrote: 1 Aug 2019 19:52 Hi all

Does anyone know what is happening at Sydenham tyres? I saw a stack of a few hundred trees outside the shop when it was closed. How is that allowed it could kill someone if it collapsed.

It’s outrageous!!
Piles of trees! Maybe they're doing some sort of environmental offsetting, for every tyre they sell they're gonna plant a tree.. that's rad man.
Dom Johnston

Post by Dom Johnston »

It's been like that for a few days now.

They also have a sign on the side of the shop that says no work should be carried out unless the car is in the bay behind however, they're constantly lying in the road and blocking the pavement changing tyres.

I really think Lewisham council need to have a look at things as it's always left dirty with stacks of tyres outside and rubbish from their staff and customers piled up against the wall and left there.

It's disgusting and incredibly unsafe.
syd

Post by syd »

Dom Johnston wrote: 2 Aug 2019 09:18 It's been like that for a few days now.

They also have a sign on the side of the shop that says no work should be carried out unless the car is in the bay behind however, they're constantly lying in the road and blocking the pavement changing tyres.

I really think Lewisham council need to have a look at things as it's always left dirty with stacks of tyres outside and rubbish from their staff and customers piled up against the wall and left there.

It's disgusting and incredibly unsafe.
Complete piss takers I’ll report it to fix my street. This wouldn’t happen anywhere else in Lewisham, people who live here need to be treated the same way as people in The posh parts we pay the same council tax ffs

Edit - I’ve reported this. Run your business but I bet you don’t live here
Last edited by syd on 2 Aug 2019 19:39, edited 1 time in total.
syd

Post by syd »

Sideofham wrote: 1 Aug 2019 22:46
syd wrote: 1 Aug 2019 19:52 Hi all

It’s outrageous!!
Piles of trees! Maybe they're doing some sort of environmental offsetting, for every tyre they sell they're gonna plant a tree.. that's rad man.
Wow you want to sheath that butter knife sharp wit!!
Hissing Syd

Post by Hissing Syd »

Yes... they've always been a problem, but it's gotten much, much worse, and the council just turn a blind eye.

They fly tip so regularly that even if you use fix my street or whatever, by the next day they'll have chucked more rubbish out on the pavement.

The street signs for Larkbere Road have been wrecked, as the tyre shop like to shove their drinks bottles and waste in them. The council do nothing.

They regularly and illegally take over that entire end of the road for their business, meaning people that live here often can't use the pavement.

Their customers often sit in their cars eating takeaway food and then just toss the boxes and chicken bones etc out of the window.

And I could go on. It's an eyesore and a focal point for anti social behaviour, but the powers that be let them get away with it. I honestly don't know what the answer is, but if anyone has any positive ideas for a solution then by all means share them.

We all have to get along with one another, but the guys that work at the tyre shop show no respect for the fact that they operate on a residential street, or the people whose homes they treat so badly. How would they feel if it was done on their doorstep?
John H

Post by John H »

Hissing Syd wrote: 3 Aug 2019 09:15 Yes... they've always been a problem, but it's gotten much, much worse, and the council just turn a blind eye.

They fly tip so regularly that even if you use fix my street or whatever, by the next day they'll have chucked more rubbish out on the pavement.

The street signs for Larkbere Road have been wrecked, as the tyre shop like to shove their drinks bottles and waste in them. The council do nothing.

They regularly and illegally take over that entire end of the road for their business, meaning people that live here often can't use the pavement.

Their customers often sit in their cars eating takeaway food and then just toss the boxes and chicken bones etc out of the window.

And I could go on. It's an eyesore and a focal point for anti social behaviour, but the powers that be let them get away with it. I honestly don't know what the answer is, but if anyone has any positive ideas for a solution then by all means share them.

We all have to get along with one another, but the guys that work at the tyre shop show no respect for the fact that they operate on a residential street, or the people whose homes they treat so badly. How would they feel if it was done on their doorstep?
Lewisham consistently elects the same donkeys to govern the borough. Unless and until that changes then nothing else will.
syd

Post by syd »

Hissing Syd wrote: 3 Aug 2019 09:15 Yes... they've always been a problem, but it's gotten much, much worse, and the council just turn a blind eye.

Well I’m going to give them hell. This will be sorted out

Edit I’ve emailed cllr_chris.best@lewisham.gov.uk
Dom Johnston

Post by Dom Johnston »

A couple of months ago I saw the driver of the yellow van shouting at a lady who parked at the bottom of the road because, and I quote "I need that spot for the shop so f*****g move"

It got worse over the weekend.

Pushchairs can't get passed, cars can't get passed. They are an absolute disgrace with stuffing rubbish behind the street sign and dumping everything against the wall across the road. Something definitely needs to be done. Maybe a report to HSE might help too? and possibly their insurance company if we can find out who it is...
syd

Post by syd »

The fly tipping team have responded this should be sorted this week
carty

Post by carty »

Not actually sure that the flytipping does belong to them to be fair.

A very long previous thread on this forum, (which I do not know how to copy or direct to) is also on here.

If you search for

Syd society help request for pavement opposite library, you should be able to find it

Or search for Larkbere
syd

Post by syd »

carty wrote: 6 Aug 2019 10:44 Not actually sure that the flytipping does belong to them to be fair.

A very long previous thread on this forum, (which I do not know how to copy or direct to) is also on here.

If you search for

Syd society help request for pavement opposite library, you should be able to find it

Or search for Larkbere
Yeah I’m not going to search for that as it obviously didn’t work. My jaw dropped when I saw the pile of tyres, it looked like a 70’s rag an bone man operation and it’s unfair to the people who live here.

They can cleanup their shit or get me reporting them everyday. I’m suprised you’re defending them I’ll assume you own it or work there. If you do....clean your shit up
carty

Post by carty »

Syd - so rude. But you carry on.

And no I don't own or work at the tyre shop
syd

Post by syd »

carty wrote: 6 Aug 2019 11:23 Syd - so rude. But you carry on.

It’s my gift 😀. You want me to be nice the don’t defend the disrespectful assholes who may kill someone with that stack of tyres.
Emc

Post by Emc »

Let us know how you get on. Another Larkbere road resident here, keen to see some clean up action. :)
syd

Post by syd »

EUSSR wrote: 9 Aug 2019 17:26
syd wrote: 6 Aug 2019 11:34
carty wrote: 6 Aug 2019 11:23 Syd - so rude. But you carry on.

It’s my gift 😀. You want me to be nice the don’t defend the disrespectful assholes who may kill someone with that stack of tyres.
youve got a big mouth , best you wind your neck in...
Don’t threaten me Admin can you deal with this?
The Clown

Post by The Clown »

I think it quite possible that the council actually sanction the storage of the tyres within an invisible boundary.
Quite often permission is granted to businesses in this way, to allow them to continue to trade. You should be able to check this with the council and this night perhaps set a clearer expectation. They have probably said that they can store tyres on the street, as long as they do not obstruct the highway and keep within 3m (or similar).
Communities are partly held together by such trades, and whilst a good town planner would probably not grant permission for this in this location now, the permission could have been granted ages ago, and it would not be a simple thing to withdraw it.
Has anyone actually checked?
syd

Post by syd »

The Clown wrote: 11 Aug 2019 12:47 I think it quite possible that the council actually sanction the storage of the tyres within an invisible boundary.
Quite often permission is granted to businesses in this way, to allow them to continue to trade. You should be able to check this with the council and this night perhaps set a clearer expectation. They have probably said that they can store tyres on the street, as long as they do not obstruct the highway and keep within 3m (or similar).
Communities are partly held together by such trades, and whilst a good town planner would probably not grant permission for this in this location now, the permission could have been granted ages ago, and it would not be a simple thing to withdraw it.
Has anyone actually checked?
I say do your business and respect the neighbourhood. I’ll get the facts rather than speculate
Hissing Syd

Post by Hissing Syd »

At least a good proportion of the fly-tipping is provably and unquestionably theirs, ie knackered hubcaps and car parts and take-aways right outside the shop.

They also currently use all of that end of Larkbere Road for tyre storage: on the pavement, outside the lock-up next to someone's house, and underneath their van. This cannot be legal.
syd

Post by syd »

Hissing Syd wrote: 17 Aug 2019 09:51 At least a good proportion of the fly-tipping is provably and unquestionably theirs, ie knackered hubcaps and car parts and take-aways right outside the shop.

They also currently use all of that end of Larkbere Road for tyre storage: on the pavement, outside the lock-up next to someone's house, and underneath their van. This cannot be legal.
Hey, I’ve send another reminder to the council and I’ll keep on emailing them until this is sorted. It’s not just illegal it’s disrespectful and I expect that business is run by bullies. They need a reality check