Forum Issues

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
Andwar

Forum Issues

Post by Andwar »

Hi There!

Anyone else expericing issues shows posts on the forum? Some posts load and show normally others just give a blank page.

i.e viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19746

Andy
Parker1970

Re: Forum Issues

Post by Parker1970 »

Yup.

Also, replying to posts is fine, but quoting posts causes an error page.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry you're having difficulties.
I have alerted Stuart to your two comments.
Admin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I think it is fixed for time being. The server upgraded the software which seems to have caused the problem. We have reverted to the
old and the link you gave me works.
More will be done when Stuart gets back from a holiday. It should be OK till then.

Admin
Andwar

Post by Andwar »

All working now but trying to work out how to add a picture to a post.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi you need to place your pic on a website like Pinterest, then the site will give you a web address for that photo. Then click on the insert URL button (above the box when you make a post) and paste the address inside the two urls. Bingo!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It is possible to add photos from Imgur without signing in. Other sites are available.

On the Imgur site [imgur.com], under New post, click on 'upload image' then select and upload your image(s).

Under the 'Share this Image' header copy the BB Code(forums) text and paste it into your STF message. When you are in "Post a new topic" there are a series of icons above the box - the link one (10 from left) allows you to post the BB Code in that, between the two URL.
stuart

Post by stuart »

admin wrote: 9 Sep 2019 13:31 I think it is fixed for time being. The server upgraded the software which seems to have caused the problem. We have reverted to the
old and the link you gave me works.
More will be done when Stuart gets back from a holiday. It should be OK till then.
The problem occurred because I updated the default version of PHP to the latest 7.3 which, I now discover, will not be supported until the next version of the STF software (phpBB). I have now switched STF to PHP 7.2 as the old version is going EOL. All appears to be well but if you spot anything amiss do post here.

On another note are you using Windows 7? If so it goes EOL in January so you should be planning your upgrade path too ...

Stuart