Zanzibar on Judge Rinder

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
ALIB

Zanzibar on Judge Rinder

Post by ALIB »

This might be old news. ADMIN can deal appropriately,

Was watching Judge Rinder at around 7am this morming (you can google the episode). There were a middle-aged man and woman in conflict over monies owed to the woman. (the details are sketchy, as i wasn't watching properly, but I am relaying what I actually took note of)
The man had owned a few establishments in the 1990's and was a successful businessman. He then bought the Zanzibar in 2014/15, which didn't have a music or alcohol licence. Being an experienced nightclub owner, he thought it wouldn't be too much trouble to get a new licence. At this point he took legal advice, and the Barrister told him he had no chance of getting a music or alcohol licence. Thus he fell into debt, and was now owing (not sure when the programme was made) around £100,000 to various parties.

Might be old news, but just thought it interesting to hear something from the horses mouth. I presume he off-loaded at the first opportunity
stuart

Re: Zanzibar on Judge Rinder

Post by stuart »

Good to hear from you Alib. How's it going?

Re Judge Rinder - I tried to Google the episode but according to the ITV guide there wasn't a show until 9.25 which appears to be about something else. Can you clarify? https://www.itv.com/hub/tv-guide

Stuart
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

I'm enjoying life watching ploughing matches between farmers and having no public transport. when you get 4 buses a day in/out of the village, Judge Rinder has limited competition.

The JR case was about monies owed between ex-partners, but the issue of the Zanzibar pricked my ears.
I guess the man and woman (both black) on JR must have been in their 50's. They had a son at University doing Business Studies. Judge Rinder told the man he should have got legal advice (on the music and alcohol licence) before he bought the Zanzibar club, if he was such a successful businessman.
It looked like the Zanzibar started a downward spiral of business failures for the chap ,..who at the time of the programme-making had substantial debts

I've tried searching Youtube (nothing), but I have a Freeview box, so it might of been on a more obscure channel.

****EDIT, i think it must have been on episode stuart suggested, but i don't have access to the ITV site
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

This is the episode. (see link)

requires login to the site

https://player.stv.tv/episode/3u9s/judge-rinder/