Old Co-Op and circus posters

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
El Cid

Old Co-Op and circus posters

Post by El Cid »

The old Co-op in the high street has been empty for three to four years now (with the lights on). So how on earth have posters for a circus appeared on one of the windows inside? I find this puzzling. I can't imagine the owner opening up the building to let someone stick up some posters. In fact, the old Costcutter at the roundabout towards the top of Kirkdale also has circus posters on the inside of the windows.
stone-penge

Re: Old Co-Op and circus posters

Post by stone-penge »

Does the circus feature the worlds smallest man?
El Cid

Post by El Cid »

No, but is does feature people who go on community forums with nothing constructive to add to a post (and, I believe, they are often on a Penny Farthing bike).
RJM

Post by RJM »

Is it possible that a letting agent was involved in putting up the posters? That's pretty weird, either way.
monkeyarms

Post by monkeyarms »

I'd wondered about this too. But I'm pretty sure I've seen similar things in other unoccupied shopfronts. Am I imagining it or were there also posters up for a circus or something similar in the vacant Calabash of Culture?
Howard Staunton

Post by Howard Staunton »

They put them through the top of the door so they hang down. Very common practice.
El Cid

Post by El Cid »

These posters at the old Co-Op and the former Costcutter have been attached to the inside of the windows. Someone must have gone into the buildings. Perhaps a letting agent has done this. If so, why would they bother. The posters are just for a circus, and they're in shops all over Sydenham. Bizarre.
stone-penge

Post by stone-penge »

El Cid wrote: 23 Oct 2019 21:26 No, but is does feature people who go on community forums with nothing constructive to add to a post (and, I believe, they are often on a Penny Farthing bike).
Not all bad then.
Howard Staunton

Post by Howard Staunton »

-
El Cid wrote: 24 Oct 2019 16:01 These posters at the old Co-Op and the former Costcutter have been attached to the inside of the windows. Someone must have gone into the buildings. Perhaps a letting agent has done this. If so, why would they bother. The posters are just for a circus, and they're in shops all over Sydenham. Bizarre.
Not sure about Costcutter but the posters at the old Co-Op are only on the doors and were put there by pushing them through the top of the door.
ninam

Post by ninam »

There was someone inside the old Co-op on Wednesday morning, which raised my hopes briefly. Perhaps he was just there to put posters up.