Power Issues at Bell Green Retail Park

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
starman

Re: Power Issues at Bell Green Retail Park

Post by starman »

Rachael wrote: 5 Feb 2020 16:08 I challenged Sainsburys a few years ago about how cold the chiller aisles are in Bell Green. At the time they had the olive oil facing a chiller row and the oil was cloudy, showing how cold it was.
I recall a visit in the summer where Canada Hoose jackets should've been deployed.
starman

Post by starman »

It appears the move to the front from the rear was a direct response from complaints by those on the FB page which kicked this off. Well done to them.
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

starman wrote: 5 Feb 2020 20:31 I recall a visit in the summer where Canada Hoose jackets should've been deployed.
If these are the same as Canada Goose Jackets - where can you get them, I'm looking for a new one.

However a Hoose Jacket in Scotland is something you wear around your hame.
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

starman wrote: 5 Feb 2020 20:34 It appears the move to the front from the rear was a direct response from complaints by those on the FB page which kicked this off. Well done to them.
Good news - a local FB page proving to have real value - I do hope, as I said earlier, that residents above Sports Direct are not dis-benefited by the re-positioning.
stone-penge

Post by stone-penge »

How can it be that the store is allowed to open when it has to run diesel generators 24 /7 spewing co2 and NOx + particulates out into the local environment ? A young Lewisham girl's death was linked to poor air quality. I'm outraged and Aldi need to be publicly shamed.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... tion-death
JGD

Post by JGD »

21:10 on Sunday evening 23 February.

Another mili-second interruption in out power supply on Perry Hill.

Sets alarms off in our house and around us - pc's, tv's all blink and recover.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

UK Power Networks are reporting a cable fault affecting some SE26 postcodes earlier in the evening and restored power shortly after the time of our blip (we had the same brief outage on Mayow Road). Maybe someone flipped the wrong switch. 😉
Last edited by Rachael on 23 Feb 2020 23:06, edited 1 time in total.
Sydenham

Post by Sydenham »

Also power off for a short while in Upper Sydenham (Wells Park area)
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

Aye, the "blip" affected Penge, Sydenham and Beckenham.. some for only a second or two, others for a couple of hours.