Cat run over on Westwood Hill

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
SydCat

Cat run over on Westwood Hill

Post by SydCat »

Very sad to report that I saw a cat run over at the crossing on Westwood Hill in front of St Bart’s Church this evening. I called the RSPCA but the cat died before they could send someone out. The cat was wearing a velvet ochre-coloured collar with no identifying information. Please share with anyone you know who might know the owner.
owlwise

Re: Cat run over on Westwood Hill

Post by owlwise »

So sad 😢 Must have been awful to witness...

Please can you describe the cat? It's colour? Short or long haired? Any distinguishing markings?
SydCat

Post by SydCat »

Really sad. It was very distressing. It was a tabby cat (grey/brown with some white, I think). I called the local vets this morning with a description in case the cat was one of their patients or an enquiry comes in (Mayow, Paxton, Parish Lane in Penge and Medivet Dulwich). Please do let me know if I’ve missed any. Thanks so much.
DrowsyDaisy

Post by DrowsyDaisy »

I passed a missing cat poster on Westwood Hill yesterday, just before St Barts. I didn't read it - not sure if it is new or been there a while. I will look again when I take dog out later, as it may be related to this.
DrowsyDaisy

Post by DrowsyDaisy »

I'm sorry, when I went past earlier the poster had gone. So wet overnight, and then windy earlier, I think it must have been washed away as had been sellotaped to the wall. I'll keep a look out for another one though.
SydCat

Post by SydCat »

Thanks so much for checking. I live nearby so will keep an eye out as well.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

If someone finds a dead pet, i would suggest taking the body to the nearest vets, to scan to see if it has been chipped. If so, then the owner can be informed via their details.