Estate agents boards

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
syd

Estate agents boards

Post by syd »

Hey , I hope you’re all well and getting through this moment of change.

Well estate agents don’t seem to be taking any time off!! we just got rid of 3 boards and now another one had gone up and I’m tempted to rip it down and smash it to pieces but that would be wrong. Is There anything I can do to stop this proliferation as they really do make the street look messy? . And I’d think nowadays everything is done online so there really is no need
stuart

Re: Estate agents boards

Post by stuart »

Given that any prospective purchaser's first move is Rightmove/Zoopla etc - not driving round looking for a sign - their original purpose has gone. They are now merely adverts for the agent. Yes -outright ban is the way to go. Something to store up for the new world order we shall hopefully see after the hiatus.

Stuart
syd

Post by syd »

stuart wrote: 21 Mar 2020 13:26 Given that any prospective purchaser's first move is Rightmove/Zoopla etc - not driving round looking for a sign - their original purpose has gone. They are now merely adverts for the agent. Yes -outright ban is the way to go. Something to store up for the new world order we shall hopefully see after the hiatus.

Stuart
I’ll ask them to move it and if it’s there in a week I’ll bin it
alywin

Post by alywin »

syd wrote: 21 Mar 2020 12:50Well estate agents don’t seem to be taking any time off!!
Well, they are still sending me loads of emails. Not sure how they seriously expect me to do viewings when we're not supposed to be making non-essential journeys ...
f4monty

Post by f4monty »

The boards are very useful on allotments for suppressing weeds, building compost bins etc. The posts can build netting cages. I’d happily take them
mosy

Post by mosy »

There are rules about boards now. Ask the agent if a board is valid or still valid (property live and offered by them or not more than 14 days beyond sold or let date). Most agents will remove them once reminded if invalid as I imagine the boards aren't cheap and of course destruction or theft is not to be condoned, however tempting.