Take away fried chicken shop on the high street

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
angela53

Take away fried chicken shop on the high street

Post by angela53 »

I was shocked this afternoon to see that there were no obvious safe distancing measures being implemented at a well known take away on the high street. There were at least six young men all in at the same time waiting for food. It would appear that some people are still not taking this virus seriously.
I am uncertain as to whether this shop should even be allowed to be open?
f4monty

Re: Take away fried chicken shop on the high street

Post by f4monty »

Report them if I were you...
syd

Post by syd »

Please report them. It’s out of order
angela53

Post by angela53 »

Should I report them to the police or Lewisham Council?
Thanks
syd

Post by syd »

The police. There is an online reporting option for corona virus
angela53

Post by angela53 »

Thank you will do
syd

Post by syd »

You’ll probably save a few lives this virus is really serious there will be no going back to normal until there is a vaccination
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

syd wrote: 7 Apr 2020 11:07 You’ll probably save a few lives this virus is really serious there will be no going back to normal until there is a vaccination
An astute observation.

We can only hope that separately, both testing and vaccine development regimes can be given every resource and priority that they need.

For vaccines in particular the mid-stream timeframe estimates say 18 months from when CV-19 was first identified, get through multiple testing phases and be administered to the populace. The most optimistic is twelve months (a figure favoured by Trump) and unfortunately there is no back-stop position regards the maximum time. Please someone correct me in that last aspect if there is better information to be had.

Testing, testing, testing is so essential - it will help us manage our resources, particularly those in the NHS who must have certainty about what their status is with regard to potential infection.
stuart

Post by stuart »

Well said JGD. The vaccine will be administered to several billion people. It only has to be a tiny bit wrong to kill rather more than Covid-19 worst expectation. So it's essential the testing isn't shortcut even under the greatest understanable pressure.

That can be a two year wait for most people, hopefully a few months less for those most in need but just as possibly considerably longer.

The only other hope, as I see it is that some combination of treatments will significantly lower the mortality, keeping people out of the need of ventilators (with their current 50% mortality rate). However - you may recall the first results of trials were due Mid March. Looks like silence suggests no breakthroughs with the most obvious treatments. This will be difficult and improvements may be incremental until a tolerable level of loss is achieved so normal social life can return.

Hence what frightens me more than Covid-19 is the urge to 'lift the lockdown' until one or the other is achieved. I would hope we were concentrating on finding better ways to work within a lockdown and refine ways to make it better for those crammed into tiny flats whch will fry in summer while I sip G&T on my back lawn.

A cruel world has become much more crueller in finding its victims. No time to play chicken.

Stuart