CV-19: Do people really think 5G is responsible ?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

CV-19: Do people really think 5G is responsible ?

Post by JGD »

There is a substantial volume of speculation in the media, local forums and Twitter that 5G and the launch of that wireless network technology is the reason that the pandemic has spread so quickly across the globe.

We are in the land of outlandish tales.

It is fundamental nonsense. It is so inaccurate it is surprising it has gained any traction. People have extended their concerns to asking why Councils have not banned any further erections of transmission towers.

We should remember that the roll-outs of 3G and 4G brought similar rumours (no CV-19 then of course) that all types of problems and ailments were brought about.

It is in the nature of humans that in the grip of a pandemic all sorts of outrageous and improbable rumours will spread. Historically it is reported that the London populace in the grip of the Plague believed that there was a "bad air" or miasma that caused the spread of the disease.

So at risk of being doomed (principally by the doom-mongers) use your phones with the knowledge that it can be done safely. Call friends. Call family. Call the ones you love.

We will all get through this - together.
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Re: CV-19: Do people really think 5G is responsible ?

Post by JGD »

In part I'm answering my own question here.

In a live-streamed interview on YouTube with conspiracy theorist David Icke on Monday, he linked 5G technology to the CV-19 pandemic.
YouTube said the video would be wiped.

During the interview, Mr Icke falsely claimed there "is a link between 5G and this health crisis".

And when asked for his reaction to reports of 5G masts being set on fire in England and Northern Ireland, he responded: "If 5G continues and reaches where they want to take it, human life as we know it is over... so people have to make a decision."

Several users subsequently called for further attacks on 5G towers in the comments that appeared alongside the feed.

Mr Icke also falsely claimed that a coronavirus vaccine, when one is developed, will include "nanotechnology microchips" that would allow humans to be controlled.
I don't follow this eejit's ramblings but I have a vague recall that he espouses views that the Royal Family are also rulers of a Lizard race and are in fact Lizard Kings and Queens.

This is YouTube's bad. They should have cut the transmission immediately they saw it being cast on their channel.

Instead over 62,000 watched it and his lunacies went unchallenged.

Mind you, our police services should be able to identify those other eejits who self-identified and who advocated more attacks on equipment.

I wonder what might be deemed appropriate action to prevent recurrences. Switch off their access to nanotechnology ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52198946
alywin

Post by alywin »

David Icke? I suppose it's so far back last century that a lot of people won't know he has previous in this respect.

Some people will believe anything. Our schools need to teach critical thinking.
stone-penge

Post by stone-penge »

I note it seemed to start when the gas holders where removed.
Just sayin'
JGD

Post by JGD »

That's a new one.
stone-penge wrote: 11 Apr 2020 03:40 I note it seemed to start when the gas holders where removed.
Haven't seen the link evidence yet - no doubt someone will postulate a theory or hypothesis. Could they possibly have been part of the UK's virus defence grid?

Previous views expressed here have had them as a primary landing landing zone for an alien invasion.

Nothing outlandish here, then.
syenhamboy

Post by syenhamboy »

What has this got to do with Sydenham?
JGD

Post by JGD »

syenhamboy wrote: 12 Apr 2020 00:43 What has this got to do with Sydenham?
Observant.

Beyond the reflection of views expressed previously by our community on this forum and others, nothing.

I should have had the good sense to realise it would have been more appropriate to post this in The Pub.

Hey-ho.
stuart

Post by stuart »

syenhamboy wrote: 12 Apr 2020 00:43 What has this got to do with Sydenham?
Wouldn't it save us all? Sydenham is a 5G free zone on my network (Three). So that's a relief just like being declared by Lewisham a 'nuclear free zone' in the 1980s worked. 'Cos we weren't blown up then were we?

Enjoy your eggs if you blagged any,
Stuart