Lewisham Council Meetings Webcast

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Tim Lund

Lewisham Council Meetings Webcast

Post by Tim Lund »

Whe knew actual Town Hall meetings were available by webcast?

https://lewisham.public-i.tv/core/portal/home
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Re: Lewisham Council Meetings Webcast

Post by JGD »

Sorry Tim, these meetings have been publicised in the local press for a little while now. And more recently they have been conducted with members and officers appearing via remote teleconference facilities.

They provide a notification when live broadcasts are due and another when the archive work has been done and you can watch it after the event.

The online "live" documentation feature which furnishes sight of agendas and reports is surprisingly good and very informative. Sub-titling is part-automated and produces some very strange, almost comedic, results.

Not seen a session yet for which a portion is conducted "in camera" - but I'm waiting to see if we get invited to close our eyes and put our hands over our ears so we can't witness what is happening.
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

When you say 'local press', do you mean the Newsshopper? I don't get it
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

Neither do I - in fact I get none of them.

Varyingly I read two or three of them - all online.