Broadband connection around Fairlawn Park

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Howard Staunton

Broadband connection around Fairlawn Park

Post by Howard Staunton »

Anyone else completely lost their internet connection on or around Fairlawn Park? I switched to Plusnet only a few weeks ago and last Monday (9 days ago) I completely lost my fibre broadband connection. I have seen several BT Opernreach vans parked on Fairlawn Park in recent days so just wondered if it was a problem affecting others. BT Openreach engineer came last Friday and told me the line was absolutely fine right up to my master socket. Plusnet say it's not their equipment. Result stalemate. :cry:

Howard.
Jollylolly

Re: Broadband connection around Fairlawn Park

Post by Jollylolly »

We’ve had 3 providers during our time here and never reach anywhere near speeds promised and often cuts out though not for long. When we first moved here BT came to check the line and also said it was fine. And yes, constantly see the BT vans.
Howard Staunton

Re: Broadband connection around Fairlawn Park

Post by Howard Staunton »

Just to draw a line under this. After 25 days of no Plusnet broadband I eventually get reconnected. This took about half a dozen calls to Plusnet customer services and no less than 3 visits by Openreach engineers. Plusnet continued to claim the problem was not at their end, the Openreach engineers all found no problems with the phone line right up to my master socket. Then one day, without explanation, the broadband connection was up and running.