Charlton Lido

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
sophie

Charlton Lido

Post by sophie »

Okay, I know it’s not Sydenham BUT thought it deserved a shout out!

All swimming is good but given the fact that local indoor pools are still closed (although I believe Downham has reopened) and the amazing weather I figured it was worth a try swimming outdoors. I have been unsuccessful in booking slots for swimming in Beckenham Place Park (btw if anyone does want to book slots the online booking for each week is made available at 9am on Saturdays) and also Brockwell Lido. I then remembered I had seen Charlton Lido on the news when they opened back up.

Anyway I had my first swim there yesterday, went back today and have another booked tomorrow. It is brilliant. The lido is clean, the sessions are organised efficiently and the staff are friendly and helpful. They do lane swimming sessions and parent and child sessions as well.

There are also hot showers poolside and outdoor cubicles for changing.

I know this sounds a bit like a Trip Advisor review, sorry! 😃
Robin Orton

Re: Charlton Lido

Post by Robin Orton »

My son-in-law sings the praises of the lake at Beckenham Place Park.
maestro

Post by maestro »

Robin Orton wrote: 6 Aug 2020 17:10 My son-in-law sings the praises of the lake at Beckenham Place Park.
He may not be so keen now :shock:
https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/1863 ... park-lake/
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

Thanks, I'll tell him, although I don't suppose it will put him off.
The Clown

Post by The Clown »

I swam at Beckenham the day after thIs was reported, it was glorious and I had no issues.