Over 65? Do you know about Attendance Allowance?

A chance for Sydenham people to advertise goods and services free of charge. Nothing too large or small!
El Cid

Over 65? Do you know about Attendance Allowance?

Post by El Cid »

Over 65? You might qualify for extra money

Anyone over 65 who finds some tasks at home more difficult to do than they used might not know that there’s a state benefit they might be eligible for. Unusually, it doesn’t matter what your financial situation is.

Attendance Allowance is paid to people to help them maintain their independence at home.

• It doesn’t matter what your income is
• It doesn’t matter if you’re single or married
• You don’t have to have a carer
• You pension isn’t affected
• Housing benefit isn’t affected
• Savings are not considered
• It’s tax free
• You receive it for life

Attendance Allowance has two rates, £60 per week and £89.60 per week. This is extra money.

You can spend the money any way you like: paying energy bills, buying groceries, taxi fares, or even a holiday.

Some people don’t claim Attendance Allowance because they mistakenly believe you have to be severely disabled to get it. That’s not the case. Others don’t claim it because the form is very long, and it can appear daunting.

I’m a former benefits advisor with Age Concern. I’ll obtain the form, fill it in, and send it to the Department of Work and Pensions. If the claim is successful, I charge a one-off fee after the first Attendance Allowance payment. If the claim is not successful, there is no charge.

Feel free to give me a call: 020 8776-9250.

Greg Watts