Sydenham men aiding murderers and drug tafficers to escape convicted

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
stuart

Sydenham men aiding murderers and drug tafficers to escape convicted

Post by stuart »

Not seen reported in the national or local news media. But then there is virtually no reporting of Sydenham these days in the Newsshopper or South London Press.

Two Sydenham crime bosses convicted of supplying false passports to A-list murderers, drug traffickers & dealers including Stephen Lawrence suspect Jamie Acourt.

Active for 20 years obtaining expired passports from vulnerable people and getting them re-issued with the photos of criminals seeking evade capture. They will be sentenced next week. More: https://uk.news.yahoo.com/crime-bosses

Sydenham

Re: Sydenham men aiding murderers and drug tafficers to escape convicted

Post by Sydenham »

Thanks Stuart - interesting. I've put a link to the CPS news article about this - the Yahoo link you gave didn't give me anything.

Agree how little news there is locally of this

https://www.cps.gov.uk/cps/news/three-m ... ng%20Crown
Barrie

Post by Barrie »

Interesting point you raise Stuart.
I was carrying out some family history investigations and came across an 1884 report of my grandfather being assaulted in the streets of Rotherham and the sentence and name and address of the assailant. There were many other similar reports all identifying where the convicted lived. Even in the 1960s I remember the South London Press and Streatham News doing the same. It was a way the public could express their disapproval by ignoring or avoiding troublemakers. It didn't do much for the convicted's job prospects either.
It's strange that in these times of information availability that this practice of identifying anti-social behaviour has all but vanished or is at least difficult to come across.
alywin

Post by alywin »

Probably privacy laws or something? But occasionally in the News Shopper you still get "so-and-so, of Such-and-Such Road ..."