Water Pressure - Lawrie Park Road

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Con

Water Pressure - Lawrie Park Road

Post by Con »

Has anyone else noticed a noticeable reduction in the water pressure in the Lawrie Park Road area?

I noticed that started about six weeks ago after my water was unexpectedly cut off very late on a Friday night/Saturday mornimg

Con
Andwar

Re: Water Pressure - Lawrie Park Road

Post by Andwar »

It seems that Thames Water have been rezoning their supply system to try and reduce the leakage. It used to be 4bar and now it has been reduced to 1.8bar, which is still more than the minumum that OFWAT stipulate of 1bar to the property.

I live in Hall Drive and have been complaining to Thames Water for the past 8 weeks about the drop in pressure and I am still waiting a proper response and not one of their mobile engineers who do their best. I have spoken to all my neighbours and we have all complained separatly as well as a joint letter to their complaints department. We shall keep going until they fix the issue but, to be honest, they are under no legal requirement to do so.

My suggestion would be to just keep complaining, get your neighbours to do the same and eventually they should just get fed up and sort it out.

Andy
alywin

Post by alywin »

Andwar wrote: 14 May 2023 06:10 It seems that Thames Water have been rezoning their supply system to try and reduce the leakage. It used to be 4bar and now it has been reduced to 1.8bar, which is still more than the minumum that OFWAT stipulate of 1bar to the property.
Really? I don't suppose you think they would have done the reverse elsewhere? I have been wondering ...
Just John

Post by Just John »

Same throughout Sydenham methinks. It started some years ago and became suddenly and dramatically worse when they decided to replace the lead pipes to individual properties.

It would be reasonable for them to resume service with a reduced pressure.... but the testing time should long since have ended.

Complain Complain Complain. I shall.