RIP

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
milton

RIP

Post by milton »

This forum seems to be dead on its feet, far from the lively place it used to be.
Dying a slow death.
JRW

Re: RIP

Post by JRW »

Too many aggressive responses, unfortunately.
sydenhamgardener2

Post by sydenhamgardener2 »

It would be a real shame if this forum died off. The replacements - e.g. NextDoor and facebook are nowhere near as good. Nextdoor in particular is totally useless. Slow, terrible search, over moderated. Awful.
danmarwil

Post by danmarwil »

I have found a lot useful information in this forum but agree with the response regarding aggressive comments. I often don’t post or reply due to the almost inevitable paranoid diatribe that follows from a small minority.

I really enjoy living in the area in general though so would be good to see more action on here.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If you flag up a nasty response to me, I'm more than happy to deal with it. Just report it, it's easy!

Just click on the exclamation mark above the comment and go from there

Best wishes

Your admin
stuart

Post by stuart »

danmarwil wrote: 23 Aug 2023 11:03 I have found a lot useful information in this forum but agree with the response regarding aggressive comments. I often don’t post or reply due to the almost inevitable paranoid diatribe that follows from a small minority.

I really enjoy living in the area in general though so would be good to see more action on here.
There is still a lot of action in Sydenham. If you click on the 'News' link in the top menu you will find a daily Sydenham update. It would be good to get some follow-up comment here.

There is also a companion Forest Hill update for our friends from the North.

Stuart
syd

Post by syd »

Hey I hope not! There has been some good work done on this forum my favourites are helping to get Nando’s and sorting out the monstrosity!!
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Just had a quick look at the various fora on this website - I’m actually quite staggered at how little comment there has been on anything about anything .
I agree with the points about NextDoor , definitely over moderated but I suspect more a reflection of society, and I use the term loosely - that and the soft clampdown on free speech that seems to be everywhere

I really don’t know what people are looking for this LR Amy other forum but it seems really easy to fall foul of a certain type person who seems to know best, values freedom but just not yours . Ive been suspended about 4 times for very modest and moderate posts that somehow breached “ Community guidelines “ . It would be a shame to see STF go .
A very good evening
Nigel
JRW

Post by JRW »

syd wrote: 23 Aug 2023 19:31 Hey I hope not! There has been some good work done on this forum my favourites are helping to get Nando’s and sorting out the monstrosity!!
When I was campaigning about the Monstrosity, I got what felt like an enormous amount of flack from anonymous posters, accusing me of making things up. I hope the current extensive rebuild of the facades from the foundations upwards shows that my safety concerns were not unwarranted .....